the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 3100lx, How To Connect DEI 522T?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hsvbuff35016 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2020 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hsvbuff35016
Which wire do I connect the 522t trunk release kit to so that the trunk release button on remote will open the trunk? I know that I have to use a relay to connect the trunk release to the keyless entry, if anyone could help me with the wiring for the relay I would appreciate it. This is my first post, and I searched this site for post on this topic and I didn't find any. If I missed a post about this topic please point me in its direction lol. The relay is a #8617, and I have two (one for trunk and one for parking lights, do I need one for horn?) of them on order.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2020 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Wiring should be as follows:
Relay 85 and 30 to Fused +12V Constant
Relay 86 to Avital 3100 Red/White (-) Channel 2 Output
1N4001 diode from Relay 85 to 86 with Diode Band toward 85
Relay 87 to 522T Solenoid
other side of 522T Solenoid to Ground.
Hope this helps.
Lectric Guy
hsvbuff35016 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2020 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hsvbuff35016
Thank you!Do I need a relay for the parking lights? My car has positive parking lights.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2020 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Please refer to the install guide: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=Avital+3100
Parking Light wire can be set for + or - output. You don't need a relay if the circuit you are connecting to draws less than 10A.
Lectric Guy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic