the12volt.com spacer
icon

Issues with Door Locks on CM7000 with Blade in 2017 Ram Promaster

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
millerc 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2020 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote millerc
Hello, I just completed my first install on my 2017 ram promaster 2500 and am noticing some weird things with the door locks. I followed the blade module install instructions for my vehicle.
If I remote start the engine with doors unlocked,then press the lock button,the t11 remote displays the doors as locked and arms the alarm, however the doors remain unlocked. Opening the door kills the engine and sounds the alarm. I would expect the doors to lock.
If I press the lock button with doors open, alarm will arm, and t11 will show doors as locked, and no attempt to lock doors is made. I would expect the alarm not to arm in this instance.
Did I mess something up with the install? Is this just how things work or is there a setting I need to tweak?
Thank you.
millerc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2020 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote millerc
Also pressing the door unlock button while remote started unlocks the doors and kills the engine. I would expect the doors to unlock and the engine to stay running.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2020 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
millerc wrote:
Also pressing the door unlock button while remote started unlocks the doors and kills the engine. I would expect the doors to unlock and the engine to stay running.
This is normal for that type install as noted at the bottom of the CH9 Install Type Selection page 2 of 20 :
2   No takeover available. Shutdown on unlock.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2020 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
There is a note on the same page in the CH9 Install Guide near the top that states :
I WARNING: All vehicle doors must be closed and locked prior to remote start sequence.
I'm thinking that the Blade AL wants to have the Promaster in a known condition before a remote start to get things all synced up.
Did you flash the Blade AL yourself? If yes, you could look to see if there is an option to "Lock before Remote Start", perhaps in the Advanced Options area. If not a Blade Option see what happens if you set the R/S to Lock before R/S, if that is a possible option.
Soldering is fun!
millerc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2020 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote millerc
Thank you. I will look into these options and get back to you.
millerc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2020 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote millerc
Well there's no cm7000 option to lock before remote start.
I'll probably call support tomorrow to see if a blade flash option exists rather than pull the module out to check.
millerc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2020 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote millerc
I decided to unplug the module and take a look at the blade options. An option to "Relock after start" exists within the blade which I enabled and and option within the cm7000 to "Lock after start" which I also enabled, however these did not fix the issue. My system just arms after start but remains unlocked. I'm really surprised an option to "Lock before start" does not exist. I will be calling support tomorrow to see what they say.
kreg357 
Posted: May 03, 2020 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here is another option that might work. You would need some parts to try it.
How about using the Compustars Black GWR output as an input to a "Constant to Momentary" relay?
The output of the relay would be connected to the wire shown below with a 1k ohm resistor in-line.
Lock     BLUE/YELLOW (-1K OHMS)     @ BCM GREEN 60 PIN CONN, PIN 53
Look in this sites Relay Diagrams area for the "Constant to Momentary" relay wiring.
Issues with Door Locks on CM7000 with Blade in 2017 Ram Promaster -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
millerc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2020 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote millerc
Thanks kreg. I have the relay (the elock that came with the kit(I think it's the same)) but this looks a little complicated to try right now. I'm going to talk to support tomorrow and see what they say. Another odd thing is that I can arm the system when the door is opened and the remote shows that the vehicle is locked but no lock command is ever sent.
djdeito 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2020 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
Out of curiosity,
Did you install the suggested 1k ohm resistors as indicated on page 8 of the Blade-AL installation manual? https://images.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-CH9/BLADE-AL(DL)-CH9-EN_20191219.pdf
Does your 2017 Promaster have a factory OEM alarm?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic