the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic, Remote Start Trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bamabama 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2020 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bamabama
I have installed about a dozen Ultra starts of various models in my own vehicles over the years. Until now, I have had really good luck. My body type looks like a classic, but the wiring diagram matches the newer body style. I only have one ignition wire(pink). I have verified all 7 of the ignition harness wires to hook up the remote start(1280). I am using an old Fortin INT-SL-PL module and have the two connected through the 4 wire connector. Tach wire on the module goes to the pink ignition wire, purple goes to the OBD pin 2 connector, and tach wire is going to pin A5 on the instrument cluster. I got an AC signal off of that wire and I saw it was a possibility as a connection on a wiring diagram.
My problem is that after I program the module, I can remote start it once. The dashboard tach bounces around and it shuts off like it can't find the tach. It tries three times and then gives me the tach error. Also, the "service 4wd" shows up in my display. If I unplug the bypass module tach wire, tach goes back to normal.   I had tried at the injectors using the non-common wire but then I would get a misfire with the bypass module plugged in.
Lock and unlock work great through the bypass. I just seem to be missing something. I really installed this unit because I had a spare remote start and spare module from a while back and wanted keyless entry to work better than the 5 feet I was getting with the original remotes(even with new batteries).
I appreciate any help you people could give me. Thank you.
Wherever you go, there you are!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2020 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Does your trucks under dash wiring look like this vehicle?
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133000
Did you power the trucks White IGN2 wire with the U1280's thick White programmable ignition output wire?
Soldering is fun!
bamabama 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2020 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bamabama
Thanks for the reply. No. This is not what mine looks like. There are no white wires in the harness at all. Nothing large or small.
This morning I experimented with cutting the tach wire from the bypass module and wired the tach wire from the remote start. It starts and runs now, but throws ABS and service 4wd warnings.
This pickup chassis was made in November of '06, but even though it looks classic, it doesn't have the same wiring as what is listed for a classic. I can only fine ONE ignition wire. I am almost certain that this is where my error is, but it just doesnt' seem to be there. I can post a pic if that would help.
bamabama 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2020 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bamabama
I took some pics, but I am not sure if I am just to post in the downloads section if it is just pics of the problem or if it more for informational. I don't want to clutter it up.
Mine is a 1280TLXR PRO remote start.
I either put 1280's or 1272's in. Just my vehicles. I don't do this for hire.
Brad
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 10, 2020 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
According to Fortin, ignition 2 is in a different harness:
https://cdn02.fortin.ca/download/61111/evo-all_ig_reg_bi_gm_escalade-avalanche-silver-sierra-h2_j1850_2003-2007_a_61111.pdf
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
bamabama 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2020 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bamabama
Thanks geepherder! I will check that out tomorrow. Will post what I find.
bamabama 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2020 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bamabama
My vehicle is not configured this way at this 6 pin harness. Pin B in that harness is a very small gauge green wire that doesn't carry positive voltage like ignition should. Pin F is a brown colored wire instead of Orange, but i am using it to power my accessories.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 409
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2020 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
I am so confused.. it should be pretty obvious if you have a classic / new body style.. as the wiring is completely different.. the new body style, uses thin wires and has a pk3 connector. the old body style uses heavy gauge wires, and you must hook up the 2nd white ignition wire. (my experience it's may not be with the main harness bundle, but usually next to the brown radio accessory wire..
Can you attach a pic of the cluster / main harness?2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic, Remote Start Trouble -- posted image.
bamabama 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2020 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bamabama
Since I am new, I have to post in downloads section. Is that correct?
bamabama 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2020 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bamabama
I found where to do it here. Will work on it right now. Sorry
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic