the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 211HV and 535T

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kramttocs 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kramttocs
You guys have been a great help on this so far. I installed the 211HV unit the other day and the locks and lights work great.
Started running the other wiring tonight but haven't connected it. So no horn, ground when armed, channel 2 output, or switched ignition input yet.
Question 1:
I wanted to test the Switched Ignition Input (H1/15 Yellow) alarm feature.
If I lock the truck with the remote and hold the yellow wire to the battery I can hear it try to lock it and if I remove it, it unlocks it. In this sense the 'ignition controlled door lock' feature is working BUT why didn't it trigger the alarm (i.e start flashing the lights)?
I tried this a few times and got the same results each time. It's like it doesn't know that it is armed. I've read the manually a few times but don't see what other wire it might be dependent on.
-------------535T-------------------
Wanting to plan out how to hook the 211HV and the 535T together. The wording doesn't fit what I am expecting it to say I guess. I am using the 2 windows mode.
Question 2:
I want it such that if I arm the system with the remote the windows will roll up completely. This should be using 1 Brown (on the 5 pin harness) Siren input on the 535T. What output wire from the 211HV though? I assumed "Siren Input" meant the horn wire output on the 211HV but that would mean it would roll them up when unlocking also.
Question 3:
I want to use Channel 3 (Lock + Unlock) from the 211HV to Vent and Roll the windows down (single press and 3 second press respectively). This is H1/4 W/Bl from the 211HV but what input on the 535T does it go to? Is it 5 Red/White (on the 7 pin harness)? It is the 'auxiliary input' but it would be nice if it said that is was for 'Vent and Roll Up'.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
The 211HV is not an "alarm". It only uses the yellow IGN input for dome light and door lock functions based on IGN switch status. I've installed several HV211s, and the only thing the horn sounds for is programming. I can't even get it to sound the horn with lock and unlock.
I'm not familiar with the 535T, but my recollection is that it uses the orange GWA wire to roll up the windows.
kramttocs 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kramttocs
Interesting. According to the manual (which works but is a little lacking), the horn should at the minimum sound under these conditions:
1. Lock button is pressed a second time within 5 seconds (note page 8 seems to say it honks once on the first press)
2. Unlock button is pressed a second time within 5 seconds (note page 9 seems to say it will honk twice on the first press)
3. Panic button is pressed for one second (note page 11 says two seconds)
In the installation manual for H1/15 Yellow Switched Ignition Input it states that:
"This wire will trigger the system if the ignition is turned on before the unit is disarmed (doors unlocked with the remote). It will also honk the vehicle's horn and flash the parking lights (if connected)."
I guess tonight I will be hooking up the horn relay to test and see if I get the same results as you (no horn outside of programming). I really hope that isn't the case. While I am not all that concerned with Panic mode being triggered off of H1/15 Yellow, I definitely want the horn confirmation when locking the truck.
Regarding the 535T. So you think it's the GWA output from the 211HV to the GWA input of the 535T to roll the windows up when arming? That makes sense.
It sounds like the difference between the 535T's GWA input and the Siren Trigger Close Input wires are that the former takes a constant ground, rolls the windows up, and disables the switches (windows locked in up position until disarm) whereas the STCI wire takes a pulse signal (+ or -) and rolls the windows up but they can be rolled down after that even if the system is armed.
I think I would prefer the latter so if I use the STCI input I still need to find a valid output on the 211HV that sends a pulse when arming but not sure that exists.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
[QUOTE]I think I would prefer the latter so if I use the STCI input I still need to find a valid output on the 211HV that sends a pulse when arming but not sure that exists.[/QUOTE]
The 211 has a Factory Alarm Disarm, but not an ARM. That would be what you need.
EDIT/ADD to the post I can no longer edit:
I did a 211HV install to one of my personal cars few months ago. I ran, but didn't hook up the horn wire at the time because it didn't seem to do anything except during programming. I was reviewing install notes for the 211HV and noticed that the menu and programming structure is identical to the 3100 I have in my Daily Driver that I installed many years ago, and has been flawless in operation. I know that in the DD, it will only sound the horn with locking if I push AUX, then lock or unlock.
I just got back in from testing the horn output on the 211HV car, and sure enough it sounds after AUX then lock or unlock. So I hooked it up. I almost never use the horn-honk unless I really want to know that it locked, and I can't see the light flash clearly or in direct sight. This car isn't driven very frequently. A couple times a month, tops, so no biggie either way, but I like to understand things.
I also went and tried 'your' push lock and unlock a second time for horn honk, and I get the honk on lock, but not unlock because I am using driver door priority, and the passenger unlocks on the second push of unlock. I pushed unlock three times, and no honk. I didn't get a panic honk either (I do with the 3100), but I may not have pushed it long enough. I don't want to annoy the neighbor too badly, so I'll try that again when I'm not in my back yard.
So I learned something here too, and improved one of my installs because of it.
I began to use DEI products in 2008. One of my gripes at the time was that the Japanese to English translations in the instructions and manuals is "clunky", and some things were not clear. Difficult to understand and work with. In the ensuing 12+ years, things haven't improved much, and there are still errors and omissions. Experience is everything. And everyone continues to learn.
Thanks.
kramttocs 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kramttocs
Thanks for checking on that.
I just went out and hooked up my horn and here is what I found:
1. Pressing twice on the lock - horn honks
2. Press Aux and press lock - horn honks
3. Press Aux and press unlock - horn honks twice
4. Hold Panic button for 2 seconds - lights flash and horn honks (I unlocked it after 5 honks and it quit)
So for mine it works like I'd want in that regard.
Need to do further testing on the Yellow switched wire as to why it doesn't set off Panic mode.
Plan right now for the 535T:
1. Split the 211HV Orange GWA wire - one side with diode goes to starter kill and other side goes to 535T 7pin/Orange GWA wire. This will roll up the windows when locked
2. H1/4 W/Bl from the 211HV to the 7pin/RW (Aux input). This will vent/roll down the windows then Lock + Unlock is pressed
kramttocs 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2020 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kramttocs
Got to thinking. The manual for the 535T shows hooking the H2/4 Orange GWA wire to the GWA output of the security system. Since this is a constant ground won't this drain the battery when armed?
I know you don't want to hook the 211HV GWA directly to a relay (like for the starter kill) but isn't this doing that?
kramttocs 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kramttocs
I tested it today and looks like the draw is 2.6mA for the GWA on the 535T. Hooked up the passenger side window and it all works great. Really nice to have the one click from each door.
My issue with the 211HV ignition wire not triggering the horn/alarm still exists though. I hooked up the blue led to confirm it was armed and the blue light is blinking as expected. I can turn the key to run but nothing happens with the horn/alarm and the blue light keeps flashing.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic