the12volt.com spacer
icon

Prostart and ADS-ALCA Bypass, 2016 Kia Soul

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
charger47 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2020 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote charger47
Hi! need some help how to wire 2016 kia soul std key to a prostart remote start with idatalink ads-alca bypass and step by step how to program ads-alca.your help much appreciate,thanks
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
what part do you need help with ?   I would hardwire the ALCA to the Pro start.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
charger47 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote charger47
Programming on ads-alca bypass I'm gonna do 2way for flash on bypass cause what they say here had to be factory default first then do hardwire or data mode.So I wanna know step by step to do the programming on ads-alca bypass I'm gonna wire data mode according to guide on idatalink website.Thanks
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
step by step programming is on the install guide for the ALCA. Ive never used a prostart system. But I know when i use anything other than compustar i hardwire the bypass. They seem to work better.
charger47 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote charger47
k so you program for hardwire mode not the data mode right? and you flash the bypass ads or dbi? the tach you wired it too, cause on the prostart they had virtual tach.
chev104275 
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
You should flash the ALCA with the ADS-(AL)DL-HK5. If your going W2W you need to connect every wire between the remote start module and the bypass that you want to control on the guide regardless if its red or dashed. Then after you power up the ALCA the green led should be flashing once. Press and release the programming button one time and the led should start flashing 2 times. Then Press and hold the programming button until the LED goes solid. That will put you into hardwired mode. Then follow the programming guide for the rest of the programming
charger47 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote charger47
ok thanks I give a post what's the results of my project tomorow thanks for your help.
charger47 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote charger47
Hi! got another question, im gonna do W2W my bypass, so how gonna flash, data 2 way? or hardwire? Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
charger47 wrote:
Hi! got another question, im gonna do W2W my bypass, so how gonna flash, data 2 way? or hardwire? Thanks
As mentioned by chev104275, flash the bypass module with the ADS-AL(DL)-HK5 firmware and select 2-way data. While the Flash program
gives you options for 1-way, 2-way and hardwire you actually select the communication mode just prior to vehicle programming. You will
follow the Type 7 diagram and the programming steps on Page 58 of 59 in the guide. At the top of Page 58 is where you select the W2W
or D2D communication mode.
Soldering is fun!
charger47 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote charger47
I already flash my bypass and connect all the wire then do programming first i do hardwire mode then do programming to the car turn on the ignition i get led flashing red 3 times no green light then turn off and try starting my remote its only cranking then i try to put key on ignition and do start my remote its work with the key, something that my bypass wont see the immobilizer, triple check my wiring same thing and try door lock unlock nothing happen but relay on remote start clicking. Power lock (+)red color and Door unlock (-) Type B Yellow/Black. Ill get this wiring color from bulldog security. Any ideas what going on.Thanks
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic