the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Chevrolet Silverado, Manual to Auto Door Locks, Avital 5305L

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chevyboiwavy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2020 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chevyboiwavy
I have a 2004 chevy silverado base edition without power windows and door locks. I was told that i could swap out doors and everything would be plug and play. So I went out and got some doors from a 2004 silverado with power windows and door locks. Swapped out all the internal parts plugged them in and came to find out its not plug and play. My truck does not have factory wiring for power doors and windows. The only electrical connections to the door was the speaker wires and the door ajar switch signal, which comes from the lock actuators. The new door panels have the ddm and pdm to control the windows and locks. Can these be wired as a stand alone unit or can I wire them into the gm data bus interface. I will also be connecting an Avital 5305L and was wondering how i would be able to get door lock signal since i wont be able to get it from the bcm.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 03, 2020 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram48.html
From switch = door lock and unlock wires of your alarm system.
chevyboiwavy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2020 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chevyboiwavy
Thanks for the reply. Im still a little confused on this wiring. Looking at this diagram 2004 Chevrolet Silverado, Manual to Auto Door Locks, Avital 5305L -- posted image.
Will the door locks work without the brown wire going to the data link connector. I was hoping that i could just connect power and ground to each door module and run 2 wires from the driver door to the passenger door switch. A wire from tan to tan and one from grey to grey.
Or would I need to completely rewire each switch with new relays to get this to work. Im going to provide some extra wiring diagrams that may help.
2004 Chevrolet Silverado, Manual to Auto Door Locks, Avital 5305L -- posted image. 2004 Chevrolet Silverado, Manual to Auto Door Locks, Avital 5305L -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 05, 2020 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Is there a tan and a grey wire going into the latch mechanism of both doors?
chevyboiwavy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2020 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chevyboiwavy
Yes there is
chevyboiwavy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2020 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chevyboiwavy
Im installing my alarm now and have a question according to these pics do i need to connect anymore wires? The ones with red x's are the ones that have been connected. 2004 Chevrolet Silverado, Manual to Auto Door Locks, Avital 5305L -- posted image. 2004 Chevrolet Silverado, Manual to Auto Door Locks, Avital 5305L -- posted image.
chevyboiwavy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2020 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chevyboiwavy
how would i use a relay to power acc2? What wire from the R/S would go to the relay? I cant get the R/S to work. When i press the button i hear the module clicking but nothung happens after. One of the troubleshooting steps is to power the acc2 wire. I dont understand what that means.
chevyboiwavy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2020 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chevyboiwavy
2004 Chevrolet Silverado, Manual to Auto Door Locks, Avital 5305L -- posted image.
This is my connections right now. I dont have the door locks connected as i am waiting for relays to arrive. The alarm function works fine. But the remote start will not start the truck. The module clicks but does nothing. When checking the connections all the 12 volt Constants are getting 12 volts. The ignition wires also get 12 volts in the start position.the accessory wire does not get 12volts in the acc position only in the run position. The brown wire in the ignition harness gets power in the acc position and run but that is not connected to anything. When i press the remote start button there is not voltage on the purple wire but when i turn the key to start it i see voltage there. I can start the truck with the key. Any help would be very much appreciated.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2020 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
SPDT 30/40 Amp Relay for ACC2
Relay Pin 85 to Viper White 24 Pin Orange (-)ACC2 output at Pin 23    
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to +12V Constant fused at 25 Amps
Relay Pin 30 to Silverado Brown ACC2
Soldering is fun!
chevyboiwavy 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2020 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chevyboiwavy
Thank you, I have some relays coming tomorrow ill give that a try once they get here. Is it normally necessary to have to power the acc2 wire? I have seen other installs where nothing was connected to the brown wire. Is it vehicle specific or does it depend on what type of accessories pakage you have in your vehicle?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic