the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Honda Accord Coupe, Shorted Out Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shadydee2 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2020 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shadydee2
Ok so i reinstalled the stock head unit and ...... nothing. I got no stereo no navigation screen no climate control screen no alarm no key fob no courtesy light when you open the door. Door locks work trunk light works. Any ideas?
daren obrecht
shadydee2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2020 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shadydee2
ok so i reinstalled the stock unit and plugged back in the navigation dvd the onboard amp and the bluetooth. and i got nothing . none ofwhat wasnt working is working.
daren obrecht
djdeito 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2020 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
turn the vehicle switch to the ON position; use your multimeter to check for voltage and ground on the Gray 24 Pin Connector coming from the vehicle that connects into the radio by putting the negative probe to Pin #12 and the positive probe to Pin #24, is there voltage?
2011 Honda Accord Coupe, Shorted Out Alarm - Page 2 -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 10, 2020 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Constant power is a white wire, it is at pin 24. The switched wire is violet in color. It is located at pin 14. At least one of the 2 above listed wires do not have 12 volts on them. Let us know which wire does or does not read 12 volts with the key in the accessory or on position. It will be much easier to use the radio chassis for your meter's negative lead.
shadydee2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2020 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shadydee2
Will do this as soon as i get home from work. Thank you.
daren obrecht
shadydee2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2020 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shadydee2
Ok. The purple wire has 12 volts. The white wire does not have 12 volts.
daren obrecht
djdeito 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2020 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
could you remove and re-check Fuse #15 from the engine fuse box. Fuse #15 provides constant power to the White wire at Pin 24.
Edit: Fuse #15 is 10 Amps and is labeled as "BACK UP"
shadydee2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2020 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shadydee2
Ok so i recheck the fuse .... looks good check for continuity .... meter beeps. But i throw in a new fuse from the spares anyways ...... and it works. Only thing that didnt is i cant put the code in for the radio. So i dont know if the actual radio is working or not. But since im replacing it anyways it probably isnt important. Would the stock radio have its own internal fuse?
daren obrecht
djdeito 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2020 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
for clarification, what you mean is that the following components are now working: navigation, climate control screen, key fob, alarm system except the radio?
i wouldn't know if the stock radio has a fuse inside.
shadydee2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2020 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shadydee2
Yes all the previously mentioned features were not and are now working. The stock radio takes a code to be able to use if power is removed . But i can take it from here i believe. Thanks for everything.
daren obrecht
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic