the12volt.com spacer
icon

Air Bag Light on After Multi Component Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xesvuli420 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2020 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
So I just spent quite a few days installing a bunch of new accessories for my inherited 2003 Focus Wagon SE. It has the zetec engine in it. Since its a wagon it makes for a perfect road camper, so I am installing a bunch of stuff to make it more comfortable.
So far I have installed an aftermarket cruise control from Rosta in the engine compartment, and under the drivers dash and passenger kick panel. Ive installed a fold down monitor in the headliner requiring me to remove all the upper panels from the rear seat back so I could lower the headliner. I also installed a microphone, GPS receiver, and key fob antenna behind the front mirror, running those wires into the headliner and down the passenger side by removing the passenger front pillar. I installed a reverse camera into the bumper requiring me to remove the rear passenger bottom panels. I also installed a double din pioneer unit in the center console to power the rear fold down monitor, backup camera, etc. I installed a double usb flush mount for the radios 2 usb, and I put that on the arm rest console requiring me to remove it as well. Basically Ive had most the panels off, especially on the passenger side, and the under dash panels on the drivers. As of now ALL panels have been reinstalled with the exception of the glove box, passenger kick panel, and under dash drivers side, and the radio is still out, just waiting to be plugged in ad slide into permanent place.
I tell you all this because i desperately need help figuring out how in the hell ive some how set off the airbag light on the cluster. Statistics tell me most likely I am the cause, instead of a true component failure that just coincidently took a crap while the car was sitting still. But how?!? what did I touch that even had to do with the airbag? out of all those areas, where should I even start in my search, what would I even search for? I havent unplugged anything that I can remember not pertaining to the equipment I installed.. I dont even know where to begin.
I checked for any fault codes, but none have been thrown.
Believe it or not I'm not new to wiring. Ive got years of experience, but everyone screws up, so please help me figure out where I did? What area/areas have I been in that I could've done something that would cause a fault in the airbag system? I can only find 1 plug thats unplugged and I really think it was unplugged before me. Its in the loom at the break pedal. Its a 2 pin connector with a metal release bar. Thats the only thing I can find not hooked up
My friend pushed in the fuel reset button thats behind the passenger kick panel, but Im thinking this wouldn't do anything, but its worth mentioning in case im wrong.
Does ANYONE have any good suggestions of what I should do next to track down whatever it is setting off the airbag light?
Thanks in advance!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 14, 2020 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Check fuse 60 behind the glove box.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2020 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Did you remove the driver airbag to install switches for the cruise control?
Did you check the connections to the occupancy classification sensor under the passenger seat?
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2020 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
time to get break out the scanner, or get it scanned to see why the air bag light is on. this is the only way.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic