the12volt.com spacer
icon

DS4 Upgrade Woes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeluscher159 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2020 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
So I needed a replacement remote for my what started life as a 4816v
I've been using a 7856v and 7857v for a while now with no problems, but they've been ravaged by puddles and time
I won a D9857x kit on eBay real cheap, thought I was getting a good deal and they'd pair right up
It came with the new 6867T antenna, and 7656x/7857x
So I go to pair them all up, both two way Vipers take as before, and the one way 7656x pairs and works just fine
But the two way 7857x refuses to pair
I've charged it, tried multiple ways multiple times, I know I'm doing it right because the other 3 go through fine
I erased them all, tried again, no dice
I'm wondering if my original 6826t antenna can't handle the new two way Clifford?
The box makes mention of XDR/DS4, something this install pre dates
I tried swapping in the included XDR antenna, but it's connector has less pins (see the picture)
Do I need a different cable, or a different antenna?
Or is this just never gonna work?
DEIs site says the new control center is supposed to be backwards compatible
Any advice, it'd be appreciated
Thanks,
Mike
mikeluscher159 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2020 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
DS4 Upgrade Woes -- posted image.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2020 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
it should work, does the 7857v go into pair mode? ie, hold f until it beeps, then remote start, and then lock?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2020 at 3:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
The XDR 2-way remote requires the XDR antenna to be used. Use the (black)4-pin antenna to (green) 6-pin brain cable that should have come with your XDR antenna plug or the 5" Adapter cable (6-pin to 4-pin connectors) to adapt to the XDR antenna depending on what came with your kit. If you didn't get the cable then you'll have to get one. The pink and grey outside wires are the led and valet direct to brain wires the remaining 4 wires are(green send) (red) power , (black) ground and (blue) receive data wires. The led and valet should still work on the new antenna with the 4816v brain. Before switching antenna's delete all remotes, or zap with bit-writer if you have one. Then pull power from brain and swap antenna to XDR. Start by pairing the new 1-way XDR remote first then the 2-way XDR remote once successful, program remaining old remotes. If XDR 2-way remote still won't pair then the data id range for the new remote is outside the programmed data id range the old brain is programmed for. But you won't know until you try with the new Antenna control center.
mikeluscher159 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2020 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
lurch228 wrote:
The XDR 2-way remote requires the XDR antenna to be used. Use the (black)4-pin antenna to (green) 6-pin brain cable that should have come with your XDR antenna plug or the 5" Adapter cable (6-pin to 4-pin connectors) to adapt to the XDR antenna depending on what came with your kit. If you didn't get the cable then you'll have to get one.
That's the problem then
My kit didn't come with the antenna cable and or adapter
Is there a separate part number, or does anyone have one they'd be willing to sell me?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2020 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
That explains the killer deal you got! A 4- pin to 4-pin cable might work if you can find one . You would need to center the 4-pin plug in the main 6-pin on the brain leaving 1 unused pin on both sides. This should work as long as the valet and status led are controlled through data on the antenna receiver. Otherwise if you want to try modding the existing cable just find any antenna wire that has the 4-pin connector for the antenna side and de-pin the 6 and and replace with the 4-pin connector and insulate the gray and pink wires.
Ebay link for Antenna and cable with needed black 4 pin connector
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2020 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
the 4 pin antenna cable is just your regular run of the mill d2d wire. (if you have an old dball bypass, you can hack it up the d2d cable, and extend it. it's just power, ground, tx, rx)
mikeluscher159 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2020 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
I just ordered that
So if I center it on the connector for the brain, the other end just plugs into my XDR antenna?
Anyone have experience with range on these, any improvement?
I wonder if this adapter would work, and where could I find one?
DS4 Upgrade Woes -- posted image.
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2020 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
no that won't work.. those adaptors are for the XL202. the XDR control is completely different.. my advice is buy a new antenna cable 4 pin, or hack up a old d2d cable.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2020 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
A d2d cable won't work as the XDR antenna he bought has has a 4 pin version of the 6 pin that comes with his original antenna. The XDR antenna has the black 4 pin that is used with other antennas though they only have 3 wires between the brain and antenna but the plug is still 4 pin! His brain has the green 6 pin plug so no go with d2d cable!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic