the12volt.com spacer
icon

How to Power Ignition 2 Wire, Compustar CS4900S, 2010 Toyota Rav4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mattestion 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2020 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mattestion
I'm installing a Compustar CS4900S on a 2010 RAV4 that has 2 starter and 2 ignition wires that must be connected. I set the jumper on the module so I can use the blue wire as a second starter wire. From searching I found that the usual way of connecting the second ignition is to use one of the programmable negative output wires as a trigger for a relay to supply power to the IGN2 wire. The problem is I don't have the OP500 to program the wire as IGN2. Could I instead splice the green ignition wire from the R/S to trigger the relay? Something like:
Pin 87: +12V inline fused
Pin 85: Ground
Pin 86: IGN from R/S
Pin 30: To vehicle IGN2
At the same time I wonder if this defeats the purpose of isolating the two ignition wires?
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2020 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
That will work great. The relay isolates them.
Steve G
mattestion 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2020 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mattestion
Thanks! So if the car is started by key, wouldn't that trigger the relay sending +12V on IGN2 when the car is already sending power to that wire? I'm guessing it's not an issue?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 04, 2020 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Yeah, the relay will still trigger but it doesn't matter. It's like if you took a set of jumper cables and connected both red clamps to your positive terminal- it won't hurt anything.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
mattestion 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2020 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mattestion
Awesome! Thanks to both of you!
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2020 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
If you prefer not to have the relay energize with the key you could wire pin 85 to the status output instead of directly to ground. If it's being used for a bypass you can split the output using 2 diodes to isolate the bypass and relay.
Is the brain a CM-900? If so here is the wire I am referring to: Pin 4 Black – [Programmable Output 4] Status/Ground while running 250mA negative (-) output. This is an optional output that will provide a negative (-) output before the ignition cranks and stay on throughout the remote start duration. This wire is most commonly used to trigger bypass /
transponder modules.
Steve G

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic