the12volt.com spacer
icon

2017 Subaru Forester, Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raw customs 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2021 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
2017 Subaru Forester 4cy standard key automatic
CrimeStopper Cool Start RS1-G5 Remote Starter
Omegalink
Interface Module
OL-MDB-ALL
Serial: 4C625A9AB6
Firmware: ADS-AL(DL)-SUB3 (2.2)
Hardware: AL (64)
Klon Prodcedure
1St Step in programing does as it says in manual.
2nd Step of Klon doesn't work.
I get red then green 3 times than I get 5 flashes after that and no remote start.
I see the part about once you get a successful program that if it doesn't start then hook up the Blk//white wire to positive. My problem so far is I am not getting a successful program. I have double and triple checked all my connections. I am using a relay for the second starter. The rest of the power harness is hooked up normal. 2 ignitions, 2 starters, 1 accessory and 2 powers.
Does anyone know what the 5 flashes on the Omegalink module means
I really appreciate the help
Thanks
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
2012 Ram 1500 QC Tradesman
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Raw Customs-
Carefully check your wiring to the keyless data wire (and your relay) to the bcm (keyless data -bcm, Pin 11 of the (bottom) D connector -wire may be red or green).
This is the diagnostics list from ADS (idata/flashlogic/omega link) for SUB3:
SUB3
If the LED never gives 1x GREEN blink, press and release the module programming button. The LED will blink RED the error number:
1x RED = No immobilizer data received. Did you start the vehicle? Check wiring. Make sure our ignition has power during crank.
6x RED = Immobilizer question received, but not the answer. Was the vehicle (key) started? Check wiring and call technical support if problem persist.
7x RED = Immobilizer answer received, but not the question. Was the vehicle (key) started? Check wiring and call technical support. Any other error code, call technical support.
AFTER KLON
If the LED doesn't turn solid GREEN, press and release the module programming button. The LED will blink RED the error number:
1x RED = No immobilizer data received. Did you key start the vehicle? Check wiring.
2x RED = No CAN activity. Check the CAN wire connections.
4x RED = No ignition. Did you start the vehicle? Check ignition wiring.
5x RED = Keyless data wire not connected. Connect keyless data wire to vehicle OR +12V if you don't want it.
6x RED = Immobilizer question received, but not the answer. Was the vehicle (key) started? Check wiring and call technical support if problem persist.
7x RED = Immobilizer answer received, but not the question. Was the vehicle (key) started? Check wiring and call technical support. Any other error code, call technical support.
I hope this helps.
Lectric Guy
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
This is amazing information. I kept thinking it might be my relay, I will check again
"5x RED = Keyless data wire not connected. Connect keyless data wire to vehicle OR +12V if you don't want it."
Does this mean if I am doing a remote start that is only using the 1 button key fob that I don't need the relay I can just hook said wire to 12volt and be done? I do want the keyless to work from the factory keyfob still but the aftermarket keyfob is a single button remote start on fob.
How do you get this information? Is it on their website? Thanks so much this has been a great help. I will report back after I check it.
Thanks
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
raw customs wrote:
Does this mean if I am doing a remote start that is only using the 1 button key fob that I don't need the relay I can just hook said wire to 12volt and be done? I do want the keyless to work from the factory keyfob still but the aftermarket keyfob is a single button remote start on fob.
I've never done an install that way, however I would leave the vehicle's keyless data wire intact (No relay/cut), and connect the module's keyless data output to +12V.
Lectric Guy
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
Thanks I will give it a try.
Thanks so much
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
Update
I connected the Keyless data wire to 12volt and that worked as far as programming. First part of klon is good and second part is good. Still no start.
I connected the black/white wire also, still no start. I checked my can hi and can low both are connected properly.
Do I need to do anything with the Keyless relay wire coming from the module or just leave disconnected?
also even when I remote start it and dash lights up and you hear all the clicking you should, I press the brake to shut down and nothing. I double checked the programming of the remote start brain to make sure I have it set for the correct module and it is.
Thanks for the help
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Sounds like you're close. Make sure that the remote start is programmed for ADS idatalink protocol.
Have you confirmed that the starter wires are showing 12V during the remote start attempt? Is there a factory alarm, and is it disarmed during the start attempt? You may want to unlock the vehicle and attempt remote start to see what happens.
At this point, since you are not seeing the brake signal during the remote start, I would perform a factory reset on the Omegalink module and reprogram the module from the beginning. You've jumper through a few hoops during the programming, so it would make sense to reprogram. No need to do anything with the keyless relay output.
Lectric Guy
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
UPDATE
Good news: I can get the module to do a successful program.
Bad news: Still wont remote start
So I connected the black/white wire to 12volt and no change, still no start
The remote start does work if the key is in the ignition
I also noticed that if you start the car with the key the security light on dash does not appear
IF you try with just remote start it flashes on dash
I think this Is my issue but I checked my wiring and I have it wired correctly.
I programmed the module to unlock before start and also the remote start to unlock before start, hoping this will disarm the security light but doesn't seem to work
I also did a fresh module I had an extra one. I also reset all the factory defaults on the remote starter. Then changed to make sure I was on the ADS option.
Thanks for all the help so far lets finish this lol
Seriously
Thank you
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
The issue is with the immobilizer/bypass...I assume that you are running Data to Data using the plug from the module (vs wire to wire). Please confirm.   
That said, I also assume that you configured the module for Data Mode during programming. Please confirm.
What Black/White wire are you referring to? Where is it from, and what is it's function?
Also, What is the module LED showing 1.) At rest, and 2.) During remote start? (refer to the module diagnostics in the guide).
Lectric Guy
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
lectricguy wrote:
The issue is with the immobilizer/bypass...I assume that you are running Data to Data using the plug from the module (vs wire to wire). Please confirm.   
Correct
That said, I also assume that you configured the module for Data Mode during programming. Please confirm.
Correct
Also, What is the module LED showing 1.) At rest, and 2.) During remote start? (refer to the module diagnostics in the guide).
At Rest: no light
during start: no light
Diagnostics for module stat that this: Invalid ground when running status from remote starter.
I am using that wire to trigger a relay for my second starter
We are almost there, keep the advice coming
Thank you
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic