the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Chevrolet 2500HD, Viper 4105v Remote Start Shutting Off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
btempy 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2021 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote btempy
Replaced an old valet 712T keyless with a Viper 4105v and kept the 456g interface module (8 wire). Hooked up tach wire, learned tach. Remote starting, it starts and then dies a couple seconds later. I’m thinking it’s either two things.One: I didn’t hook up accessory 2. Is it necessary? And I didn’t connect the. Status output of remote start to 456G. I don’t have an alarm and from my understanding it turns off alarm during remote start and back on after shut down. Any input would be great. Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2021 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Can't find an install guide for the 456G but any hardwired bypass module needs (-) Status Output from the R/S to turn on the bypass function. Definitely should make that connection.
Not sure of the exact items handled by the Brown ACC2 wire.   If the old Valet 712T system didn't power it you should be OK. I always power ACC2 but that's just my personal preference to do exactly what the normal key start does.
Soldering is fun!
btempy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2021 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote btempy
456G directed install (google search). Second result for me shows the quick reference guide for the version I have with 8 wires.
So I will make the connection from 456G (-) input from remote start to the 4105V (-) 200ma Status Output. Correct?
If need to power up the ACC2 I will, I had saw multiple times it was necessary so I opted to skip it. If i can get clarification on the ACC2 relay wiring ill go ahead and do that. But i will make the above connection and report back.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2021 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, 4105 Dark Blue to 456G Blue wire. This will only disarm the trucks Factory Alarm system prior to a R/S. Found the install guide. It looks like the 456G is only a Door Lock module. It does not provide the Passlock2 bypass function. Was anything connected to the trucks Passlock2 wires from the old Valet 712T system?
Soldering is fun!
btempy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2021 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote btempy
I appreciate your responses and i think you're right! I just saw the remote start wire and thought it would be compatible and I already had it. Looks like i would need an additional module for pass lock to even make it work. Makes sense why it'll start up with key in on position. Rather then trying to use this older unit work by adding additional modules and wiring. What bypass module would you recommend. Xpresskit GMDLBP, FLCAN/FLDL1, DBall3, Other?
Thanks!
kreg357 
Posted: January 06, 2021 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Think I'd go with a Directed DLPKGM or it's cousin the Fortin INT-SL+. Either one would take care of the Passlock2 and everything done by the 456G plus turn on the heated seats if equipped.
Soldering is fun!
btempy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2021 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote btempy
What are the differences between the DLPKGM and GMDLBP?? The DLPKGM shows as discontinued but i was able to still find on eBay where-as the GMDLBP seems to be more readily available. Its a 2006 2500HD Duramax. LS. Truck only has power door locks. (non heated seats/crank windows) Module just needs reliably start and lock/unlock.
kreg357 
Posted: January 06, 2021 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I can understand your concerns about buying a discontinued piece of hardware.   My suggestion was done on my personal preferences. In normal practice, I would use an iDatalink module for that truck. My second choice is the INT-SL+ / DLPKGM. While not important for your truck without heated seats, a lot of my installs need that feature. The GMDLBP can't do that. Additionally, the ability of the DLPKGM to supply a Tach signal is of great value to me. I always run in Tach Mode for reliable remote start-ups. Again, the GMDLBP can't do this. The final reason has to do with module programming. The GMDLBP has 5 different Platform Types and the correct one must be selected during programming. The DLPKGM is simpler. So, same price, more features and easier programming - for me the INT-SL+ / DLPKGM wins.
If you are satisfied with the 456G for the door locks / alarm you could get a Passlock2 only bypass module. Again, being as GM has moved on from Passlock2, these modules might be discontinued and or hard to find. Fortin OEM'd their INT-SL+ to Directed as the DLPKGM for a while but still has the INT-SL+ listed as a current module. If you hardwire the connections between the 4105 to the INT-SL+ like you are doing now for the 456G, using an INT-SL+ isn't an issue.
Soldering is fun!
btempy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2021 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote btempy
Passlock only module seems like a nightmare and includes another bulky box. For $35 and a lot less wiring I went ahead and ordered the DLPKGM & relay to Power ACC2. Not really an issue and may change when I get everything installed or may be normal but I did notice that with the 4105v when locking, second press would emit horn honk like usual but once its locked and press lock again I only get light flashes and no honk, where as before each additional press honked. Really only matters when confirming its lock audibly.
I appreciate all your help, I should've just bought a newer bypass module to begin with.
btempy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2021 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote btempy
Update. 4105v & DLPKGM are install. Everything works fine. Except for now when locking horn no longer honks.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic