the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5806V Door Lock/Unlock Destroying Relays

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
escocrx 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2021 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote escocrx
Hi.
I installed a 5806 on my 1997 F350 with Type C locks. I have the two required relays connected to the locks. When supplying either 85/86 with 12v and then grounding the other 86/85 to chassis ground the relays activate fine and control the locks as expected. However when I connect the GREEN/BLUE from the 5806 brain it does not work.
When the GREEN/BLUE 3 pin is disconnected I can press unlock/lock and the brain activates "relay" type sounds from the brain. I assume either activating/deactivating the alarm and other portions. However when the GREEN/BLUE is connected to the relays there is no clicking from the brain anymore.
The GREEN/BLUE both supply 2-2.8 VDC during lock/unlock signals.
I have also tried using the center pin of the 3 pin harness to supply the 12VDC signal to the 85/86 leg. Thinking my 12V source was too high amperage for control signal. I have destroyed 3 relays doing this. I have ordered a 451M relay. However this unit pretty much mirrors my setup already.
The rest of the 5806 systems works fine. Remote start and alarm functions as long as I don't connect the door lock harness.
Thanks
escocrx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2021 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote escocrx
There is 220ohms at rest on both blue and green to ground when disconnected from the relays. When I activate either unlock/lock they open or overload.
Isn't this somewhat of a reverse of what's supposed to happen.
escocrx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2021 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote escocrx
Ended up being a bad brain.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic