the12volt.com spacer
icon

Acura TSX, Manual Transmission, Won’t Go Into Programming or Valet

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swisssteez 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2021 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swisssteez
Hello,
So I recently had a prestige alarm with the FLCAN BYPASS installed and decided to upgrade to the Viper remote start alarm 5706v with the same FLCAN bypass module onto my Manual transmission Acura TSX. According to the wiring diagram of the alarm and the vehicle everything was wired accordingly. Referenced below:
VIPER ALARM/FLCAN BYPASS TO ACURA TSX
Main Harness (MH1)
MH1/1 Red 12v (+) fused/ to WHITE (+) @ ignition switch harness
MH1/2 Black (-)/ to grounded to chassis
MH1/3 Brown (+)/ to Provided viper siren Red wire
MH1/5 White/ to Black/red (-) @ headlight switch
Remote Start Harness (RSH2)
RSH2/4 Pink/White (+)/ to White/Red (+) @ ignition switch harness
RSH2/5 Red (+) fused/ to MH1/1 Red 12v (+) on White (+) @ ignition switch harness
RSH2/6 Green (+)/ to Black/White (+) @ ignition switch harness on the key side of cut wire
RSH2/7 Violet (+)/ to Black/White (+) @ ignition switch harness on car side of cut wire
RSH2/8 Orange (+)/ to Black/Red (+) @ ignition switch harness
RSH2/9 Pink/White (+)/ to White/Red (+) @ ignition switch harness
RSH2/10 Pink (+)/ to Black/Yellow (+) @ ignition switch harness
Door lock 3 pin Harness (DLH3)
DLH3/1 Blue/ to Flcan bypass Blue/Black Unlock/Disarm (-) Input
DLH3/3 Green/ to Flcan bypass Green/Black Lock/Arm (-) Input
24 pin Connector Harness (CH4)
CH4/9 Gray/ to Flcan bypass Yellow Hood Status (-) Output
CH4/10 Blue/ to Flcan bypass Yellow/Red Trunk Status (-) Output
CH4/12 Violet/ to Flcan bypass Purple/White Tach (ac) Output
CH4/13 Black/White/ to Flcan bypass Green E- Brake status (-) Output
CH4/14 Green/Black/ to Flcan bypass Brown Disarm (-) Input
CH4/20 Brown/ to White/Black (+) @ Brake pedal switch
CH4/24 Green/White/ to Flcan bypass Green/Black same as DLH3/3.
Now for some strange reason I am not able to go into the programming mode to switch it from Manual Transmission Mode(MTS) mode to Automatic. I was getting the 7 clicks meaning the MTS error and I could not get it to go into any of the menus using the control center/valet button. I WAS able to only go into valet mode and out of Valet mode but for some reason that doesn't work anymore either. The control center LED light only responds to unlock and lock features, all my remote start alarms had the Automatic transmission feature because I never park in gear and for personal preference i don’t like the idea of doing the “process” of going into the MTS to remote start. Regardless of the matter something is wired incorrect but I cant seem to figure it out!
Now i did see on a separate post to ground off the door trigger but that did not work either and now i have given up. Hopefully someone can help me out and maybe pin point something i have over looked or not wire/wired incorrectly.
Thanks!!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
On the Viper 5706 you should have the Green wire at Pin 15 on the 24 Pin plug connected to the FLCAN Yellow/Black wire. This is the mandatory Door Pin Input required for MTS Mode and to enter into Programming Mode..
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Just a few thoughts.
The FLCAN must be successfully programmed to be able to supply any signals ( door pin, trunk pin, tach, etc ).
Reservation Mode is required as a safety for any MT install.
In MT Mode the Viper must run in Engine Checking = Tach. Additionally a successful Tach Learn must be performed.
Soldering is fun!
swisssteez 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swisssteez
Okay I will add that connection and see if it makes a difference, thanks!
swisssteez 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swisssteez
Yeah, i would want to have it in Automatic transmission mode for my preference. Also the door inputs work and before when the valet modes were working i did learn the tach successfully, but i know something is not wired right because i cant go into any modes and more and i cant pragram it into any menu.
When i have the door open i turn the ignition to the on position then to the off
Hold the control center/valet button until the chirps happen but i get nothing.
kreg357 
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
It's really unsafe to run a manual transmission vehicle in Auto Trans Mode. Remember that you are bypassing the clutch interlock to get the Viper to crank the engine. If it was left in gear, it would be moving. Plenty of YouTube videos of this happening.
Sounds like you are doing the process to get into programming correctly. Your antenna and remotes function. Make sure all doors are closed at the start, then open one door. You can use a DMM to see if the FLCAN is outputting a (-) signal when a door is open and also test to verify that the Viper thick Pink wire is seeing +12V when the ignition switch is turned to ON.
I have a BitWriter so I'm might not be much help using the remotes to make programming changes.
Soldering is fun!
swisssteez 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swisssteez
Yeah i understand but i know how i park my cars, i have had several cars that had a MT with the Automatic mode and its always been good. But besides that point, I am following the instructions correctly for the programming but something is wrong that the programming doesn’t respond and that the Valet modes don’t work anymore. I will try to wire up the other wire to see if it makes a difference.
kreg357 
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Your previous step of just grounding the Viper Door Trigger Input wire should work. Testing those Viper input wires is another good idea.
Soldering is fun!
swisssteez 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swisssteez
Yeah thats what i was hoping but for some reason it doesnt respod to anything. There might be another wire thats preventing it from responsing? I have no clue as of now
swisssteez 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swisssteez
UPDATE: so i wired the 24pin harness green to the yellow black on the bypass and no response.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic