the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004.5 Ford F-250 6.0L, Viper 5906v Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Well, that's good. At least you now have the Viper alarm system monitoring the trucks' doors. You should be able to Lock/Arm the Viper and then open a door with the inside handle and get the Viper siren to go off.
I have a BitWriter, so I never have to do the sequence to get into Programming Mode and then use the remotes to make changes. The sequence for you should be :
1. Make sure all doors are shut and the dome light is off.
2. Just to be sure lock the doors with the Viper remote. Wait one minute.
3. Unlock the door with the Viper remote.
4. Open a door and make sure the dome light comes on.
5. Insert the ignition key and turn it to ON then back to OFF.
6. Press and hold the Control button until the siren chirps - one chirp for Menu 1, two chirps for Menu 2, three chirps for Menu 3 and release the button.
These instructions are also found in the 2 Page Install Guide,
Soldering is fun!
jherb92 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherb92
Kreg357, yes indeed, I agree.
So I'm following your instructions and all is doing what it needs and I'm waiting the minute after dome light turns off then flicking ignition on and off and holding control center button and siren does not communicate..
My dome light is broken and bulb wont stay in inserts. I do have 12v meter applied and light goes out after a min or so when locked and immediately 12vs are back after unlock and open door is opened.
Do I need to remove the keys in the ignition after on an off??
Using viper remote to unlock truck aswell.
Do I use the display screen remote or the one way remote? "Only button remote/ no screen" it shouldn't matter should it?
Siren does work b.t.w
jherb92 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherb92
Kreg357, I looked up that bitwriter..that might have to be my avenue, but I cant do the price right now due to unforeseen circumstances, ugh..I just want it to work without it the bitwriter! It just wont let me access..
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You should be able to do it with the remotes. It appears that the remotes and antenna are OK because the Viper can control the locks. You tested the Viper alarm and the siren works.
A few things to try...
First verify with the DMM that the thick Pink IGN1 wire is getting +12V at the Viper 10 Pin plug when the key is in the ON position.
Next disconnect the Violet (+) Door Pin wire from the wire in the door sill.
I'm not positive but there is probably a time limit between steps.
Take the Green (-) Door Pin wire and connect it to Chassis Ground. This will simulate a door being opened.
Then turn the key to ON then OFF.
Press and hold the Viper control button until the siren chirps.
BitWriters are getting scarce so the price might be going up.
Soldering is fun!
jherb92 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherb92
Kreg357, I get about 12v, 11.23 to be exact at the pink wire when ignition is engaged but I haven't charge up my truck through this whole on, off couple days..gonna go grab the charger now to boost her. But I have green wire grounded best I can and dome light removed, still doesnt allow me. Held it for almost a minute and nothing.
My truck wont start now since I spliced the starter.
kreg357 
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Truck won't start? Cutting the Starter wire and adding in the Viper shouldn't prevent the truck from starting with the key just like normal. Is the Viper 10 Pin ignition harness fully plugged in?
Soldering is fun!
jherb92 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherb92
Kreg357, so I reset the 24pin harness. I unplugged it and unplugged it back in, I have connection now, siren chips and allows me I to the menu. I set up automatic trans she starts now w/ an w/o the key. I need to adjust the start up time and delay but cant remember were the delay is on the remote..
Appreciate all the help by the way.
kreg357 
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Excellent. R/S should start without the key anywhere near the ignition switch.
Here is the info for Diesel Delay :
Set Viper to fixed 15 second Diesel Delay. Menu 3, Feature 9, Option 2.
Soldering is fun!
jherb92 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherb92
Kreg357, so in the middle of the truck running in remote start mode it cuts out.. why would that happen?
Thanks for that option help.
kreg357 
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I think the default runtime is only 12 minutes. You might ant to bump that up a bit. Menu 3, Feature 4, Option 2 will give 24 minutes.
If it stops before 12 minutes and you are running in Tach Mode & using that Tach wire by the Parking Brake, they have been known to cause problems sometimes. Not sure if Virtual Tach works any better.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic