the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Jeep Wrangler X, Avital Remote Start Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2021 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
A few thoughts...
First, I would make sure the 4105 has the Parking Light jumper in and set to (+).
Next, I would move the 4105 White Parking Light Output wire to either the White/Yellow wire at the Headlight switch or to that wire in the DKP.
Having the 4105 thick Pink/White connected to 16 gauge Pink/Yellow is good but make sure that the Viper is set to Menu 2, Feature 6 to Option 2 for ACC output.
Does the same fault still happen with the 4105 Brake Input wire disconnected?
You could wire up a relay like this :
Relay Pin 87 to +12V constant
Relay Pin 30 to 4105 Brown Brake Input
Relay Pin 86 to White/Tan Brake at brake pedal switch
Relay Pin 85 to Chassis Ground
This will isolate the brake signal going to the 4105.
Soldering is fun!
fwoodjr123 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2021 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fwoodjr123
Yes it still does the same thing with out the brake shutdown being connected. I have the polarity set to + for the park lights they work fine they flash 5 times telling me brake wire isn’t causing shutdown.
Could I just leave the pink/white wire from the avital unhooked? Seems though everything says it’s unneeded but illl try changing the wire onto the other and set the option accordingly.
Also I’ve tried pulling the fuse on the parking light wire thinking maybe that was sending voltage back through making the avital think it was a brake signal to shut down and that made no difference with out the fuse that wire is null so I didn’t remove it completely if that would have solved the issue then I would move it to the head light switch directly but it made no difference.
Signature
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2021 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I agree that using the Pink/White ACC2 wire is un-necessary. You can leave it disconnected.
Beats me why it is giving a Brake Shutdown when both the Brake and Parking Light wires are not connected. It should work without those two wires. During testing you can always do a shutdown with the remote or by touching the Brake Input wire to +12V or the Hood Pin Input to Chassis Ground. Got another 4105?
Soldering is fun!
fwoodjr123 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2021 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fwoodjr123
This is the second one I’ve purchased both do the exact same thing. Here’s a thought though in the most basic form or the unit since I have a second one with new wiring can I bench test it in? If I hook up the red wires ground out the black and white black can take a volt meter I should be able to test the orange pink purple for voltage right? Just trying to see why it’s doing what it is i really doubt two units are bad it has to be an issue with the oe jeep wiring. Am I correct? The r/s energizes the ign and acc wires has nothing to do with the jeep energizing them? In reality I shouldn’t need anything more then to power and ground the unit with the antenna connected obviously to see if it will then send start voltage up the purple wire or if it sends 5 short voltage burst up the white to flash the parking lights five times. Would be a pain with only one bolt meter but I have a test light I can use as parking lights. If I need any other wires let me know I’ll attempt that in the morning.
Signature
fwoodjr123 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fwoodjr123
So I hooked no to units up to a battery just using the red wires black and black white with a test light on the white wire. Still get 5 flashes on 3 units now 2 4x05 and a 4x03 I’m clearly doing something wrong. But every wire is where it should be with exception of the gray im not using yet and brown I haven’t hooked back up.
When I do hook brown up it doesn’t even interrupt the 5 flashes when I press it it’s like it’s dead I’ve tried two differed 9 pin plugs 2 different 5 pin plugs to rule up the harness same issue.
Signature
fwoodjr123 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fwoodjr123
So I’ve officially given up I can’t sort this thing out it starts one out of 6 tries. And the bypass said it’s program was successful had a rapid flashing led on it but when it does remote start the Jeep shuts back off for no key three avitals and even hooking up to a battery alone they all flash 5 times then eventually start then repeat
Signature
kreg357 
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I wonder if previous underdash work might have something to do with problems you are having. If your Jeep has the gray key and SKIM, it should never start and run without a key in the cylinder.
Soldering is fun!
fwoodjr123 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fwoodjr123
That’s what I’m thinking. There’s a reason the previous owner ripped out the r/s that they had. Abs why they tapped the key sense wire I’m still no sure of. The 16/12awg pink/yellow accessory wires get 12v in the acc position with the key. However the 14awg pink/yellow only gets 12v in the run position. There’s absolutely something going on with it. The bypass took the key program just fine yet doesn’t allow the Jeep to start if it can capture the key it should be able to send the key signal back up to allow it to start with out the key in the ign. I may drop it off at another installer see if they have better luck on the 5th or 6th try to start it will start right up then it’s 5 flashes again. I’ve ripped the wiring apart 6 times now I can’t find the issue.
Signature
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic