the12volt.com spacer
icon

Python Alarm/Remote Start, Doors Lock During Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cneubert42 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2021 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cneubert42
OK guys, I have a strange question.
I am putting in a system that monitors the output of my door lock wires from my Python alarm/rs. I diode isolated the wires from the central locking module, everything works as it should but I was getting a "lock" signal every time I remote start (a second after it starts). under normal circumstances this isn't an issue because when the alarm is armed the doors are locked I would have never noticed it, however if I am sitting inside with the alarm armed and I manually unlock the doors, then remote start, it actually locks them back up on its own. this lock output is showing up in my monitor system. Is there any way to not pulse the lock wire during RS? maybe a setting? I checked to be sure my ignition controlled door locks were off, would factory alarm arm come through the lock wire?
it does not pulse the lock wire if the vehicle is already disarmed during RS only when it is armed.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2021 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not sure which Python system you have and if you also have a bypass module installed but a few possibilities come to mind. Most DEI systems have "Ignition controlled door locks" and "Remote start Safelock". I would check your Python install guide for those Programming features and try changing them first. Remember that if you have R/S and a bypass module, some of the bypass modules will do a "Relock after R/S", too.
Soldering is fun!
cneubert42 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2021 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cneubert42
It is a python 5303P 2 way alarm/rs. The bypass module only does the passlock, I added actuators and a central lock kit, which the lock/unlock wires are directly connected to, so I doubt that has anything to do with it. I made sure ignition controlled lock and unlock were both off, I am curious about the RS safelock, that sounds like it explains what it is doing. I don't see that in the programming, not sure if I can turn it off or not.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic