the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar DC3 With FT AlarmIt Kit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
showngo2000 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2021 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote showngo2000
Installed the Kit on an 08 Silverado. Having a few issues:
Cannot get any sound at all from the siren. It’s wired to the brown/black wire (m2 7)
There’s no pre-warn on the DAS2 sensor for proximity. Is there a setting to change?
Thanks for the help!
showngo2000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2021 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote showngo2000
Anyone?
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 28, 2021 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
did you turn on the alarm function when the dc3 was flashed on the computer (3-1) and you wired the red wire from the siren to the blrown/black and grounded the black wire
FT-DAS PROGRAMMING
1. Turn the ignition to the “on” position.
2. Hold buttons 1 and 2 (Lock and Unlock) together for 2.5 seconds. You will get two parking light
flashes.
3. To set the Warn Away Zone 1, tap button 1 (Lock). After you get one parking light flash, tap the
vehicle. You will get siren chirps 1-most sensitive through 10-least sensitive. This sets the impact
sensitivity of Warn Away Zone1. Setting Zone 1 will automatically set Zone 2. If you would like to
manually set Zone 2 proceed: To set the Instant Trigger Zone 2, tap button 2(Unlock). After you get
two parking light flashes. Tap the vehicle. You will get siren chirps 1-most sensitive through 10-least
sensitive. This sets the impact sensitivity of Instant Trigger Zone 2.
4. You will get two parking light flashes after the zones are set. You are ready to test your FT-DAS.
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
showngo2000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2021 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote showngo2000
Thank you for the response. Yes I turned on the alarm (even double checked). The FT-DAS2 is working with the tilt sensor. If I rock the truck, the alarm goes off (horn only).
I still can’t get the siren to sound at all. I put a voltmeter on the brown/black and it’s not getting +12vdc when armed. I did hook the siren directly to 12v and it sounded...so I know that it works.
Maybe my meter isn’t fast enough to detect it? Any other suggestions?
showngo2000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2021 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote showngo2000
I don’t know if this matters or not, but when the alarm does activate (indicated by the horn honking), I cannot get it to disarm with the unlock button for about 10-15 seconds. It won’t respond at all to the 2 way remote I have. But the remote does indicate an alarm.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic