the12volt.com spacer
icon

Spy LQ090C Remote Start and iDatalink, 2009 Nissan Versa

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alexsunang 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2021 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alexsunang
Hi everyone,
since two weeks i'm trying to make my remote start work without success. My remote start is Spy lq090c and my immobiliser bypass is iDatalink alca.
because this remote starter doesn't have a data to data socket i decide to connect to the alca (iDatalink) by wire to wire. When i try to do a remote start, the car dashboard light blink once, but the engine doesn't start. I have program the iDatalink link succeffully but the led doesn't go on during remote start. In the manual, it say it is because the gwr is not connected to the alca.
Because (i think, not shure) the spy lq090c does have gwr output i try to get it by relay like this:
30 start wire from motor
87a start wire from switch
86 from ignition 1
85 gwr
but this doesn't works. During the troubleshooting i noticed that the iDatalink gwr input (blue/white) has 12v without any connection with the remote starter. Is this normal to have an input with power ?
Do anyone has a solution suggestion ?
Thanks.
Nissan versa 2009 hashback with standart key.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 11, 2021 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
hatch back or sedan regular key or intellakey?
if key try sticking the key in the ignition and try to remote start it, see if it does anything
yes the RS should output a ground on the gwr running wire, that triggers the bypass module to turn on
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2021 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
alexsunang wrote:
Because (i think, not shure) the spy lq090c does have gwr output i try to get it by relay like this:
30 start wire from motor
86 from ignition 1
85 gwr
but this doesn't works.
I don't know what you're trying to do there but I recommend you get rid of that setup.
The Spy's immobilizer bypass should be connected to the idatalink's GWR wire.
alexsunang 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2021 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alexsunang
mgoetz74 wrote:
hatch back or sedan regular key or intellakey?
if key try sticking the key in the ignition and try to remote start it, see if it does anything
yes the RS should output a ground on the gwr running wire, that triggers the bypass module to turn on
My car is a hatchback with regular key. I try the remote start with the key in the ignition, same issue the dash board lights go on and off.
alexsunang 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2021 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alexsunang
catback wrote:
alexsunang wrote:
30 start wire from motor
86 from ignition 1
85 gwr
but this doesn't works.
I don't know what you're trying to do there but I recommend you get rid of that setup.
The Spy's immobilizer bypass should be connected to the idatalink's GWR wire.
I have already connected the Spy's immobilizer bypass wire (Brown/Black) to the iDatalink immo wire (Blue/White) but nothing change. I noticed that the immo gwr input has 4.3v, is it normal ?
I didn't Connect the STR status and engine cut off of the spy RS, can this be the issue ?
Thanks.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 12, 2021 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
to me it sounds like a ignition wire not hooked up properly or no output on the RS. Try turning the key to "on" (not running just on) and try remote start. If it starts its a wiring issue
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
alexsunang 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2021 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alexsunang
I have try put the key to "ON" and try remote start, but the rm siren start chirp. You can find attached image of my wire connection fron/to remote starter only. Note: the "Engine cut off circuit" and "STR detection line +" are not connected. Do you think with the attached image that i have made a mistake?
Thanks.
Spy LQ090C Remote Start and iDatalink, 2009 Nissan Versa -- posted image.
Here is the manual diagram.
Spy LQ090C Remote Start and iDatalink, 2009 Nissan Versa -- posted image.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic