the12volt.com spacer
icon

JVC KW-M560BT, 1991 Toyota MR2, Power Antenna, Warning Message

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
namyenruoj 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2021 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote namyenruoj
Hello there. I recently installed a JVC KW-M560BT to my sons TOYOTA 91 MR2. I have notice that everytime I start the car my power antenna goes up and the warning message comes on the screen. When I turn off my deck completely my antenna goes down completely as well after ghat I turn off the engine. But now if I crank the engine my deck comes on and my antenna goes up and the warning message appears with out me turning the radio on. Can anybody give me some advice why is it kike this. Now I have another problem because my power antenna does not come down anymore. Thank you in advance.
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2021 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Custom_Jim
Did you use a harness adaptor ?. If so, unplug the new radio and try plugging the factory radio back in and see if the antenna works as it should. Years ago, Toyota had a different power antenna triggering setup in that two wires in the harness needed to be connected. This is seen by the looped blue wire on the one plug of the Metra 70-1761 harness adaptor.
JVC KW-M560BT, 1991 Toyota MR2, Power Antenna, Warning Message -- posted image.
Jim
1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
namyenruoj 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2021 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote namyenruoj
Good morning Jim. Thanks for the reply. I did use the harness that came with my new deck unfornutenatelly There is no original harness that came with a car. I did try out my old deck before and sure enough it goes up and down accordingly. JVC harness foes mot have the blue wire for power antenna only the one for remote amp so i use that wire for my remot amp and my power antenna.
namyenruoj 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2021 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote namyenruoj
I finally fixed the power antenna. Is there way to change the setting so that way my deck will only turn on if i turn on the unit only, not when crank the engine. Also is there a way to get rid of this warning message
"Operating this product while driving could be distracting or dangerous if not done in a careful manner........"
Automatically remove this message after 10 seconds. This comes up everytime.
Thanks
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2021 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Custom_Jim
Like you have in your profile line "knowledge is everything", what was the fix on the power antenna. This might help others down the road.
Maybe too check in the site for adding a relay setup that might keep the radio powered up while cranking but still work in the accessory position.
Jim
1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
namyenruoj 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2021 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote namyenruoj
what we found out the plastic cable inside the OEM power antenna was broken and it got stack on the up position so we have no choice to take the housing apart while the antenna still in the car.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic