the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Chevrolet 2500 Gas With CM6200-Blade AL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
collapsednut 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2021 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote collapsednut
I've beaten my head against this thing for days now and just can't figure it out. Pulled this remote start from another vehicle and attempting to put into my pickup which is a 2002 chevy 2500hd gas 6.0 automatic. Had a buddy hook up the unit to his computer and configure it for my vehicle. Blade light indicates that it learned the vehicle. I've tried using the yellow/black tach signal to a red injector wire. I get light flashes that tach learn was successful. I also tried not using the yellow/black tach signal to see if the blade would grab signal, so even with yellow/blk disconnected I get tach learn successful. I didn't put it on my "schematic" but I do have the brake switch wire hooked up and it does work. It will crank the engine but it dies almost instantly. Does this three times then gives up. No light flashes to indicate the issue. Can anyone look at this and see if I'm just doing something wrong please?
2003 Chevrolet 2500 Gas With CM6200-Blade AL -- posted image.
2003 Chevrolet 2500 Gas With CM6200-Blade AL -- posted image.
collapsednut 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2021 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote collapsednut
Looking at the CM6200 manual again, I see that during tach learn if I get two flashes it DID NOT learn, followed by one flash which means the engine sensing mode is not set to default(tach). This may be my problem. Will update probably tomorrow night.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2021 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
A few quick thoughts :
The Blade AL should be flashed with BLADE-AL(DL)-GM1 firmware and you should have a copy of the install guide #72591.
The CM6200 controller was a short lived slightly weird unit. It works well but has some limitations and requires attention to detail.
First, I would not power both vehicle Ignition wires from the lone Ignition output. They should be electrically isolated, not joined together like you have done. This would require another relay.
Next, you expectations of the Blade AL functions in this application are incorrect. Please take a look at the Features Chart on Page 2 of 9. It shows that on the 99-02 Silverado's, the Blade AL only handles the Passlock2 bypass. It does not supply a Tach signal or perform any other functions.
Personally on those trucks, I always get the Tach signal from the White wire found at the Instrument Cluster connector.
Blade-AL to vehicle programming is straight forward. At this point I would perform a Blade module Factory Reset prior to actual vehicle programming. Remember to hold the key in the START position until the Blue LED goes solid for 2 seconds and then OFF. If the Blade module wasn't flashed with the GM1 firmware, you will have problems doing this.
Soldering is fun!
collapsednut 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2021 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote collapsednut
Thank you for the response. I am sorry but i gave incorrect info. My vehicle is a 2003. The blade module was updated and reset, and vehicle learn was successful. I will isolate the two ignition as you have advised. I was poking around in the blade last night and saw that the tach output option was enabled and the cm6200 was set to tach mode. Is there a certain way i should configure these two options to not "fight"each other?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2021 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
That's good info. With a 2003 model year the Blade AL w/GM1 does provide a lot more features.
I believe that you can disable the Blade Tach output with the ADS USB cable and an internal Blade option setting. I'm pretty sure that just making the hard-wire Tach connection from the CM6200-s to the vehicle Tach wire will work, too. Most installers have encountered an issue with the ADS AL-CA w/GM1 firmware "dropping" it's Tach signal output after a while. Not positive if the Blade cartridge has the same issue but being as the vehicles has a great Tach source at the cluster, I always use it. Don't need any "come backs"...
There is a Pictorial on your truck. Here is a link : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133000
Soldering is fun!
collapsednut 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2021 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote collapsednut
Added relay into ignition 2 wire using pin7 2nd ign output ground to trigger it. Tested and functions as it should. Still same issue. I borrowed buddies cable to mess around with the setup of the cm6200 and blade. Set the cm6200 to no signal mode, says it cranks and assumes running. Same result, cranks and dies. Turned off tach signal in the blade, same result. Verified all my wires again, constant powers, ignition powers, accessory powers. Blade has GM1 firmware and gives the blue light indicating it learned the vehicle. Blue light flashes during remote starting. I'm going to test ignition voltages during remote start again to make sure both are staying on. Other than that I'm lost.
kreg357 
Posted: September 03, 2021 at 4:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Does the Blade to vehicle programming give the proper indications as per the install guide? Typically on that series truck the Passlock2 bypass is very reliable when done via the J1850 data. But it does sound like a Passlock2 or Tach issue. Did you try running in Tach Mode using that White wire at the instrument cluster connector? Tach Mode is best in cold climates. Are there any "Security" type lights on the dash when you try a R/S?
Also ensure that the CM6200-s Chassis Ground connection is to a clean, paint and rust free area of solid frame metal. I use a soldered on terminal ring on the R/S ground wire.
Soldering is fun!
collapsednut 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2021 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote collapsednut
After resetting the blade the light will be red, turn vehicle on and crank engine the light goes to steady blue. During remote start the blade light flashes blue. I reflashed the cm6200 again and set it to tach mode. Connected yellow/blk to the white for the cluster. Engine running, hold brake, press and hold remote start, get one light flash indicating tach learn success. Still same thing, starts and dies three times. I monitored ignition 1 and 2 during remote start and they hold 12v, 10v while cranking. Security light comes on when remote start first powers up, turns off while cranking, then comes back on right after cranking/dieing. I tried leaving the key in the ignition with the same result. Ground is clean and tight I have it on one of the bolts that holds the under steering column metal shield on and it tests .5ohm to chassis ground. I feel like the remote start is killing the ignitions after it cranks but I cant say if it's the remote start just resetting for another attempt or if it's a cause of the engine dieing. It's like the remote start still isn't seeing tach so shuts down and boots back up for another try. I don't know why it would do this, as I've tried with the setting for no tach "start and assume running" with the same outcome. Is there ANYTHING else the unit needs to see? Do I need to have the door locks hooked up? Does the alarm need to be active? I've tried so many various combinations I can't keep track. Thank you for your help.
kreg357 
Posted: September 03, 2021 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Your truck does not have a transponder chipped key. Passlock2 works differently. While this test is not a perfect test, it might provide some insight to the issue.
Try this :
Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to RUN/ON.
Attempt a R/S with the Compustar FOB.
If the truck starts and runs, the issue is the Blade's bypass of the Passlock2 system. This might not work if the Compustar notices the trucks ignition is ON. It's possible that a mis-wired ignition wire is the issue and with the key ON you have properly supplied all the ignition wires. But if the engine starts on the first attempt, it's not a Tach problem.
If you think it's a Passlock2 issue, you could try doing a Passlock2 bypass via the old resistor method.
Soldering is fun!
collapsednut 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2021 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote collapsednut
Reflashed everything again and made observations. Doing lock lock lock on factory fob will initiate remote start. Compustar remote will not lock or unlock doors but will initiate remote start. Having key in the on position makes no change, still starts and dies. I have to turn the key to on after the cm6200 boots up and before it cranks or else i get a light flash of 2. Not sure what this means but i think it's getting close to give up time and order a newer remote start and new blade to be safe lol.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic