the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Dodge Dakota, Factory Alarm Disarming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
azclay 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2021 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azclay
is there an aftermarket solution that can disarm the factory alarm module on an 06 dodge dakota? My keyless entry/immobilizer module was damaged in a theft attempt and I have no way of disarming it. I was able to get the pcm reprogrammed so the engine would run but the alarm is still armed and the module is discontinued.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2021 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
Factory Alarm Arm     (arms on lock with door open)     
Factory Alarm Disarm     (factory remote only)     
Disarm No Unlock     (Sentry Key, ignition, and keysense)
doesn't look like it with out factory remote unless you did a remote start/bypass module using the data lines (can bus)
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
azclay 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2021 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azclay
so you're saying there is a chance? At this point I would be more than happy to invest in any product that can disarm the factory without the keyless entry fob and the chip in the key. Driving around with the hazards and headlights flashing the whole time is not how I like to roll. If anyone can confirm that such a product exists and could point me to it, it would be nothing short of life changing for me. I can't even sell this thing the way it is now. thank you for taking the time to read this.
mgoetz74 
Posted: September 03, 2021 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
this is a dumb question but do you have a key that unlocks the doors (it looks like you have a sentry key that starts the truck)? This key when you put it in the doors key cylinder and turn it to unlock the doors doesn't shut off the factory alarm? may try and turn it twice in the same direction of unlock. I know you mention the truck is running but there maybe something wrong with the sentry key/immobilizer that it not disarming the factory alarm since it shouldn't re arm until you lock the door with it open
this is directly from a service manual we use
DISARMING
Since this model is not equipped with lock cylinder switches, passive disarming of the VTSS is only possible if the vehicle is equipped with the optional Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS). On vehicles with SKIS, turning the ignition switch to the On position using a valid SKIS key will passively disarm VTSS. Active disarming of the VTSS occurs when the vehicle is unlocked by depressing the "Unlock" button of the RKE transmitter. Once the alarm has been activated, either disarming method will also deactivate the alarm. Depressing the "Panic" button on the RKE transmitter will not disarm the VTSS.
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
azclay 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2021 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azclay
yes I have the key that unlocks the driver door. unlocking the vehicle with the key does not disarm the alarm unfortunately. It will arm with the power door lock but the only way to disarm is using keyless entry or the sentry key, both having their recievers in the skreem a.k.a skim a.k.a wireless control module, which was destroyed in the attempted theft. i had to mail my pcm out to have the immobilizer function removed just so i could drive it again. I appreciate your time and interest in trying to help me.
mgoetz74 
Posted: September 03, 2021 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
that's why, if you removed the immobilizer function the car doesn't see the key and wont disarm the alarm, if that the case the bypass module and a RS wont help anything. you wont even be able to program the bypass module with the factory immobilizer taken out since it see it all through the can bus wires. I can't come up with a solution to fix it with out the factory immobilizer, there may not be a way
azclay 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2021 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote azclay
thats what i was afraid of. oh well the alarm eventually times out...after about 3 months . that is as long as nobody hits the door lock button while the door is open. I appreciate your help though. Time to hack up some factory wiring and make the lights electro mechanical instead of this mux bs it has now.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic