the12volt.com spacer
icon

Turn On Factory Heated Seat, Compustar, 1999 Buick Riviera

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carguy8888 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2022 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote carguy8888
Hi 12 volt people,
I have a Compustar two way remote start with Drone Mobile which works great in a 1999 supercharged Riviera. I would like to add my OE heated seat as an AUX to the unit. This way I can activate the seat before I enter. The seat turns off each time the ignition is cycled from the factory. I thought my competent alarm installer could power the switch from the remote start unit simulating me depressing the button. He said it will not work because the switch is 7.5 volts and it will blow. I purchased a step down 12v to 7.5v converter and a spare OE switch to test. Will this work or any tips? Ty in advance.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2022 at 5:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Seems like a relay to simulate activating the switch would be easier than trying to mess with changing voltages. Have the AUX output trigger a relay that momentarily closes the switch.
Steve G
carguy8888 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2022 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote carguy8888
Is there a specific relay I should get and since the switch is 7.5 amps just sending a pulse will not hurt it? I'm not the expert doing it and I just want to have a We bottle if he says it won't work. I really appreciate the help.
carguy8888 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2022 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote carguy8888
Hi,
I had a Compustar 4900s w/ Drone mobile professionally installed by a Compustar dealer in my 99 Buick Riviera roughly two years ago. Everything works as it should. Recently, I returned to add my heated seat as an auxiliary. My installer is gone and the others couldn't or didn't want to do it.
The factory system defaults to the off position each time the ignition turns off. When I hit the auxiliary button during remote start I would like the unit to send a pulse to turn on the heated seat. Is this unit capable of that and I will find a different installer? Ty.
carguy8888 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2022 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote carguy8888
It turns out my system has a factory module. Can I still make it turn on and off? Here is the wiring diagram.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9w4qvfwnKjQ2NU4H8
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2023 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Sending a negative (ground) pulse to the light blue wire (1462) between the power mirror switch and the heated seat module, should do what you want.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
carguy8888 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2023 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote carguy8888
Thank you, you made my day.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic