the12volt.com spacer
icon

Recognize This Alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rocko9999! 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2022 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rocko9999!
Anyone know what brand/type of alarm this is? Dealer installed. Unplugging it disables startup by mimicking the transmission not being in park.
Recognize This Alarm? -- posted image.
Recognize This Alarm? -- posted image.Recognize This Alarm? -- posted image.
rocko9999! 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2022 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rocko9999!
Valet switch?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2022 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
It is not doing anything with the transmission. It has a starter disable. Year Make and Model of the vehicle it is in?
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
rocko9999! 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2022 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rocko9999!
2021 Toyota Rav4. Only reason I assumed it was connected to transmission switch was the message to 'shift into Park to start' when the module was unplugged.
rocko9999! 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2022 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rocko9999!
Taps
One of the wires it's spliced in to.
rocko9999! 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2022 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rocko9999!
Yellow wire it's spliced in to.
i am an idiot 
Posted: February 04, 2022 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Reconnect the 2 ends of the yellow wire. This should allow the vehicle to start with the module unplugged. If you are removing the module from the vehicle, I suggest you remove 1 t tap at a time and make sure the car starts and runs properly after each disconnect.
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
i am an idiot 
Posted: February 04, 2022 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
The reason it says to shift into park to start is because the only thing between the push to start button and the starter solenoid is the neutral safety switch. The cars computer knows the start button was pressed, and the signal did not reach the solenoid, so it thinks the neutral safety switch is what stopped the signal. The car was not expecting the starter interrupt box being on the vehicle.
rocko9999! 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2022 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rocko9999!
i am an idiot wrote:
Reconnect the 2 ends of the yellow wire. This should allow the vehicle to start with the module unplugged. If you are removing the module from the vehicle, I suggest you remove 1 t tap at a time and make sure the car starts and runs properly after each disconnect.
Thanks I will try this.
rocko9999! 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2022 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rocko9999!
i am an idiot wrote:
The reason it says to shift into park to start is because the only thing between the push to start button and the starter solenoid is the neutral safety switch. The cars computer knows the start button was pressed, and the signal did not reach the solenoid, so it thinks the neutral safety switch is what stopped the signal. The car was not expecting the starter interrupt box being on the vehicle.
Ah, makes sense. Thank you. Was the dash mounted switch for valet or to disable the alarm?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic