the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5806V, 2011 Ford Crown Victoria

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cowpig 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2022 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cowpig
Hi, new to this forum and over my head on trying to figure out this alarm install. Yes, I should have paid someone. No, I didn't. lesson learned.
My question is for the install of a viper 5806v on a 2011 crown vic police package. for the 24 pin harness this is what I have - I did find a diagram on bulldog security but it wasn't entirely clear regarding the parking lights (their diagram seems to indicate hooking into the parking light circuit on both sides of the switch, but the multimeter disagrees and tells me that will fry the switch).
so hopefully this is correct, or at least close, to what I should have:
24pin color    vehicle wiring color/location
1. pink/white - not used
2. blue/white - not used
3. red/white - purple/yellow (driver kick panel)
4. black/ylw - black/blue (driver kick panel)
5. dark blue - not used
6. white/black - not used
7. white/violet - not used
8. orange/black - not used
9. gray -      - hood pin (newly installed, not OEM)
10.blue -      - trunk pin (newly installed, not OEM)
11.white/blue - ? do I use this, for "remote start activation input (-)"
12.violet/white - light blue (driver side/back cylinder injector - for tach)
13.black/white - brown/black (driver kick panel)
14.green/black - not used
15.green    - dark blue (in driver door at door module)
16.brown/black - dark blue (dash at LCM)
17.pink       - not used
18.violet     - not used
19.violet/black - not used
20.brown      - green/red (driver kick panel)
21.violet/yellow - not used
22.gray/black   - not used
23.orange   - not used (but I saw an old post about using this for a relay trigger)
24.green/white - not used
so that's the current set up. There are reasons I didn't send this one to a pro, but as I said there are reasons I probably wouldn't try to DIY this again. the car's in a lot of pieces right now so taking it anywhere is not possible right at the moment. I did use a multimeter to confirm that the OEM wiring did indeed trigger when it should (ie; pin 16 is indeed the horn)
thank you, james
2011 Crown Vic Police P7B
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2022 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Hi James! Welcome to the 12 Volt Forum.
1. Pin 3 Trunk Release output is (-). The C.V.'s Purple/Yellow needs a (+) signal. Use a Relay to convert Viper output.
2. Pin 11 not used
3. Pin 15 Green - not sure about your wire. You need to monitor all four doors for the Viper alarm. Here are some other options :
Driver's Front Door Pin   BLACK\ORANGE (-)   @ DRIVER KICK - might monitor all 4 doors - test to verify or these two wires with diode ( 1N4001 ) isolation :
Left Front Door Trigger        Dk. Blue (-)    Driver Door Module, black 26 pin plug, pin 22          
Right Front Door Trigger*     Black/Orange (-)    Driver Kick, door harness --or-- Driver Door Module, gray 24 pin plug, pin 7 * this wire should monitor the rear doors, too. Test to verify
4. For the Parking Lights, set the Viper jumper/fuse to (+) and use this wire :
Parking Lights     Brown (+)    Driver Kick, harness to rear --or-- Driver Kick, gray 13 pin plug, pin 9
5. The Viper can directly support all the C.V.'s ignition wires. Just change Viper programming for the Pink/White wire to ACC and connect to ACC2 wire.
Soldering is fun!
cowpig 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2022 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cowpig
thank you! I'm still working on the install but I appreciate your time answering my question. James
cowpig 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2022 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cowpig
so i've changed and corrected the items I had wrong, but not entirely sure on pin 1 the 'pink/white' wire
24pin color          vehicle wiring color/location
1. pink/white -      not sure I understand on this, but do you mean to connect to "ACC 2" in the ignition harness?
2. blue/white -      not used
3. red/white -       purple/yellow *now using relay to change - to + for trunk (driver kick panel) Thank you!
4. black/ylw -       black/blue (driver kick panel)
5. dark blue -       not used
6. white/black -     not used
7. white/violet -    not used
8. orange/black -    not used
9. gray -      -     hood pin (newly installed, not OEM)
10.blue -      -     trunk pin (newly installed, not OEM)
11.white/blue -      *not used (thank you!)
12.violet/white -    light blue (driver side/back cylinder injector - for tach)
13.black/white -     brown/black (driver kick panel)
14.green/black -     not used
15.green    -        *black/orange (driver kick panel) thank you - this one does monitor all 4 doors
16.brown/black -     dark blue (dash at LCM)
17.pink       -      not used
18.violet     -      not used
19.violet/black -    not used
20.brown      -      green/red (driver kick panel)
21.violet/yellow -   not used
22.gray/black   -    not used
23.orange   -        not used
24.green/white -     not used
and for the viper's 10 pin connector (remote start) this is what I've puzzled out. I have confirmed the vehicle's wires are activated using a DMM in the off, accessory, or run position
1 - no connection (per viper's guide)
2 - red/black    -    light green/violet
3 - pink/black   -    not used
4 - pink/white   -    not used
5 - red          -    violet/orange
6 - green      *cut   green - key side
7 - violet     *cut   green - car side
8 - orange       -    gray/yellow
9 - red/white    -    not used
10- pink        -    white/violet
how close is this to correct? I realized one of my problems is that I'm guessing too much on what the viper module is doing with these connections - it's not like other electronics I've done where I know the circuit is to activate something in particular, turn on a light, move an actuator, kill a circuit via a relay, etc.   Thank you again, hopefully I'm getting closer - as much as this is a challenge it's fascinating to get my hands in and see what the wires are doing. Plus I like that if successful the install will be nearly invisible.   On that note, other than the green wire for the starter motor everything else I've done is spliced into the vehicles wiring (soldered) so if there are any other circuits where the viper module should be in the circuit rather than spliced to monitor the circuit please let me know.
thanks, James
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2022 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
"so i've changed and corrected the items I had wrong, but not entirely sure on pin 1 the 'pink/white' wire
1. pink/white -      not sure I understand on this, but do you mean to connect to "ACC 2" in the ignition harness?"
The C.V.'s ACC2 wire needs a (+) input. The Pink/White wire I was referring to is the thick Pink/White wire in the Vipers' 10 Pin Harness. Same place you are getting the other ignition wires from.
The thin Pink/White wire at Pin 1 of 24 is a (-) output and not needed for your install.
The thick Red/White wire in the Viper 10 Pin Harness ( Pin 9 ) needs to get +12V constant, too. It supplies the Pink/White Flex relay output.
Soldering is fun!
cowpig 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2022 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cowpig
1-no connection          
2-red/black     light green/violet     
3-pink/black     not used     
4-pink/white     "acc2" *
* this below diagram is up to a 2008 crown vic, but indicates the white/violet is "acc2"
http://diagrams.--/index.aspx?MakeID=18&ModelID=19647
so this pink/white pin 4 should be connected to this one? (and to double check, spliced into it - not sever the OEM circuit?)

5-red              violet/orange     
6-green             green *key side      note: OEM green severed
7-violet     green *key side      note: OEM green severed
8-orange     gray/yellow     
9-red/white     light green/violet     note: same wire as red for 6 pin connector
10-pink      white/violet     (see above - if this is ACC2 then it should be moved to the pink/white?)
to change Viper programming for the Pink/White wire to ACC do I need a bitwriter?
cowpig 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2022 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cowpig
Sorry if not obvious, clarifying pin 4 and 10
😊
kreg357 
Posted: May 03, 2022 at 4:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Try this :
1. pink/white -      not used This is a (-) output
2. blue/white -      not used
3. red/white -       purple/yellow *now using relay to change - to + for trunk (driver kick panel) Thank you!
4. black/ylw -       black/blue (driver kick panel)
5. dark blue -       not used
6. white/black -     not used
7. white/violet -    not used
8. orange/black -    not used
9. gray -      -     hood pin (newly installed, not OEM)
10.blue -      -     trunk pin (newly installed, not OEM)
11.white/blue -      *not used (thank you!)
12.violet/white -    light blue (driver side/back cylinder injector - for tach)
13.black/white -     brown/black (driver kick panel) *
14.green/black -     not used
15.green    -        *black/orange (driver kick panel) thank you - this one does monitor all 4 doors
16.brown/black -     dark blue (dash at LCM) - optional - you have a Siren w/Viper
17.pink       -      not used
18.violet     -      not used
19.violet/black -    not used
20.brown      -      green/red (driver kick panel)
21.violet/yellow -   not used
22.gray/black   -    not used
23.orange   -        not used
24.green/white -     not used
* Pin 13 can go to Chassis Ground with Auto Trans. If you connect to Parking Brake, you must
have to Parking Brake ON to remote start the engine.
Viper 10 pin connector (remote start)
2 - red/black    -   +12V Constant = Lt. Green/Violet
3 - pink/black   -    not used
4 - pink/white   -    to C.V. ACC2 = White/Violet
5 - red          -    +12V Constant = Lt. Green/Violet
9 - red/white    -    +12V Constant = Lt. Green/Violet
10- pink        -    IGN = Violet/Orange
There are multiple +12V constant wires in the ignition harness. Splitt the Viper load between them.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: May 03, 2022 at 4:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You can change most Viper options using the remotes. There is a full Viper Install Guide in the Downloads section. It has the Viper Programming Tables and method to change options.
For the Flex Relay ( thick Pink/White wire ), see Memu 3, Item 6 option 2.
Soldering is fun!
cowpig 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2022 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cowpig
I finally got to the point in this car project that I plugged in the power to the viper .. it did not go well with these connections - the engine starts up immediately without key or pressing anything on the fob and the starter continues trying to engage. I couldn't even try to reprogram the pink/white wire.
this is the current connections (that don't work)
2 - red/black    -   Lt. Green/Violet
3 - pink/black   -   not used
4 - pink/white   -   White/Violet
5 - red          -   lt. Green/Violet
9 - red/white    -    Lt. Green/Violet
10- pink        -     Violet/Orange
I checked the ignition harness with my DMM to double check what the viper was getting from the car, this is what the vehicle's ignition harness is putting out at various key positions as confirmed with the DMM:
pin 2 - light green/violet - positive in all positions
pin 4 - white/violet - positive in all positions (running, ignition on/engine off, accessory)
pin 5 - light green/violet (1st) - positive in all positions
pin 6 - green / key side starter
pin 7 - green / vehicle side starter
pin 8 - gray/yellow - positive when engine running only
pin 9 - light green/violet (2nd) - positive in all positions
pin 10 - violet/orange - positive when engine running only
per the install guide the pins are supposed to get the following power:
pin 2 - fused 12 volt accessory/starter input
pin 4 - ignition 2 / - #30 common of flex relay (*to be reprogrammed per your above instructions)
pin 5 - fused 12v ignition 1 input
pin 6 - key side/starter
pin 7 - vehicle side/starter
pin 8 - accessory output
pin 9 - fused 12v input, ignition 2 - #87 n/o - flex relay input
pin 10 - ignition 1 input/output
with three of the pins (2, 5, 9) all connected to light green/violet (and two on the same lg/v, so connecting those wires from the viper) that has to be a problem (master of the obvious, I know;)). should pin 5 (fused 12v ignition 1 input) actually be on a gray/yellow wire (there are 2 gray/yellow - one is positive in all positions, one reads positive only when the engine is running)?   
any other thoughts or suggestions are welcome. I re-wired an ambulance which involved miles of wires and thought I had a clue... I apparently don't.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic