icon

Relay for Interior Neon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2002 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
Just posting back to see if you guys got those neons going.Relay for Interior Neon - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
hamrajw 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2002 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

I wanted to do the same thing. I have a '97 Nissan Altima. I have all the parts I need except the relay. I should get that today, and hopefully, this weekend it will be installed. I was also thinking of using one of those remote transmitters they sell for the fog lights as the switch, so I can push a button and have the interior light up before I approach the vehicle.

I'll also try to get some pictures.

lil_joker2k2 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2002 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
theres been a little set back on the neon lights. i crashed my car and i keep getting that problem with my system that it keep blowing the fuse from the 2Ch amp. my car is just trouble lol. I'll see what i can do.
George
97explorersport 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2002 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone. im 18 years old and i am a total novice when it comes to the world of car electronics but the subject greatly intrests me. currently i have two neons inside my 97 explorer sport, but they are pluged into the cigarette lighter. if anyone could tell me how to premantly install them i would be very greatfull. also i would like to add two more neons under the dash in both the passenger and driver side. a setup like mobiletoys is exactly what im looking for for these lights. i.e. id want them on when the door turns on but off otherwise unless i flip a switch. unfortunatly i know almost nothing about wiring but i would like to attempt to do it myself because the only way to learn is really try. i think its a wonderful hobby and would like to try. if anyone could give me any help it would be greatly greatly appreciated. please email me @ dolphins4@aol.com or reply here.

Thank You

skifriek15 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2002 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

mobiletoys2002, I finally got the chance to hook up my neons the way I wanted, with them turning on when I open the door, or off unless I flip a switch. However, the way that you told me to hook them up only fried the relay, and I'm back to square 1. Here's how I hooked them up, maybe I did something wrong, but I think it's the same as what you told me:

Pin 87: Switch pwr. and constant 12 volt fused
Pin 86: Connected to Pin 87
Pin 30: Switch acc. and neons' positive wire
Pin 85: RED / White Negative door trigger
Other than that, I grounded the neons and the switch, and plugged it all in to see what happened, and all I got was a crackling, and a melted part on the side of the relay. What could I be doing wrong?
       Justin

Justin Karimi
skifriek15 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2002 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
mobiletoys 2002, the only other info that I can give that might make a difference, but I think only in the amperage of the fuse, is that I'm connecting 5 neon tubes to this switch and relay, but they do not exceed 15 amps. The relay is a 30 amp car relay, standard from Radio Shack. Thanks.
Justin Karimi
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic