spl or sq?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ogier 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
Greetings all,
I have been in and around the Car Audio world for many years and have done a lot of really cool installs for both myself and friends. My personal philosophy when it comes to car audio is this:
It needs to be as accurate as possible at performance levels.
In other words, if I am listening to to a Kenny G recording, not only do I want to hear him breath in between passages, but I want the breathing to be at the natural loudness level it would be if I was sitting in the room with him playing. Likewise, if I am listening to Toccata and Fugue by Bach recorded by Telarc at the Mormon Tabernacle, I want it to be as loud as the pipe organ would be if I was in the front row at a recital with all the frequencies heard down to the 6hz if possible.
So, in my humble oppinion, neither SPL nor SQ is the most important. They are both imperative.
Just my two cents:
From the Desk of:
Ogier
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
i definately love SQ over anything, but still though, there still has to have bass with the song, two good subs in a proper box with low level end, and good front and rear speakers with awesome clarity, i suggest that if anyone that wants to go with clarity, MB quarts are THEE best by far..and in the beggining yes, sq will get you up there for money, but seriously with these speakers, my stereo, and everyone has said this, that it sounds like as if i put 4000$ into it...DOUBTFUL, my stereo is only 1700$ these speakers pay off..trust me!
xTimx
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
lol...
it kinda bothers me when people try to claim with totality that one thing is the absolute best...
there are probably a dozen brands that I could list, some of which I am sure you havent even heard of let alone listened to,that can easily rival Quart subs...
and personally I have never been able to gauge price vs sound quality...I cant honestly say my system has ever sounded like a $500 system or a $10K system...it sounds like a system that has alot of blood sweat and tears into it...it sounds like a system tuned to my ear and designed around my ear...to me it sounds OK, but others may not like it (although no one has registered that complaint yet, luckily, lol...) and there will always be room for improvements...
stockcivic 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
yeah this kind of like everyone else has said, you definitely need clarity and definition, but if your system doesn't bump then it's no fun! if you can achieve a setup with some hard hitting bass, which also has the clarity to be pleasurable to listen to, I believe that is every car audio enthusiast's dream. more importantly people need to address all the rattles and vibrations in their cars... hehe
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
stockcivic wrote:
yeah this kind of like everyone else has said, you definitely need clarity and definition, but if your system doesn't bump then it's no fun! if you can achieve a setup with some hard hitting bass, which also has the clarity to be pleasurable to listen to, I believe that is every car audio enthusiast's dream. more importantly people need to address all the rattles and vibrations in their cars... hehe
lol, and that is every audio enthusiasts nightmare!
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2003 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
WOW 34 reply  post thats great. anyone else have a thought? spl or sq? - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
Big Dave
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic