decoding kenwood kdc-v6017

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ajb088 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2003 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
hi,
I acquired this unit as part of a barter.
Get it home bench test it and guess what?
It asks me for a code!!! Is there some simple
way to decode this thing? Dont want to spend any
money on it. Long story.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tony Brunelle
ASE Cert Master Technician / L1
wrenchmnky 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2003 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

Whoever you got it from would have the code.  If they are unavailable you might want to contact www.kenwoodusa.com  Look under support for tech help and call to find out what to do.  Or at thet same site veiw the manual for it to see how to reset or clear the code.  Hope this helps

Wrenchmnky

Very Simple:94 Chevy Silverado ext cab with, kdc322 head unit, kdcc719 disc changer, kenwood x689 excelon 3way 6x9's in rear, alpine 4x6 2way in dash, mtx thunderform sub under rear seat.
wrenchmnky 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2003 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the link to the manual for your deck ftp://docs.kenwoodusa.com/manuals/OM-KDC-X617-2001-KUSA.pdf

Good luck.

Wrenchmnky

Very Simple:94 Chevy Silverado ext cab with, kdc322 head unit, kdcc719 disc changer, kenwood x689 excelon 3way 6x9's in rear, alpine 4x6 2way in dash, mtx thunderform sub under rear seat.
tom small 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
I could tell you - but I'd have to kill you ;)
67sat 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
An authorized Kenwood dealer should be able to get the unit unlocked.  They may not do it since you are not the original owner of the unit.
sheltonjohnson 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2003 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
my h/u does the same thing when ever there is an interupt in power, the h/u won't do anything unless that code is entered. technicians can't give you a code to bypass that security code, because it is a security code, only the previous owner could help you with that.
tom small 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2003 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
There is a way to unlock a unit and reset the code, but I would never be so irresponsible as to post it on the internet.  I'm sure you can understand why.  Most kenwood dealers should know how - my shops do.
alarmpro 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2003 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
It all depends on you and how much time you have... Its a four digit code and the possibilities are 9,999. If you don't want to spend any money then sit down one whole day and try every code until you get it.. trust me you will get it by the end of the day.. I did.... Not really fun but it works...Good luck...
3232blue 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
A few ways to get past this. The 10000 codes can be exhausting if done manually. Small electronic shops or even Circuit City will try to reset the jumper component by recharging or burning it out(Sometimes this jumper can be removed manually, usually older models). But like any standard modern circuit board, it can be connected to a computer. In this case, scannning software can easily detect all working codes in about 5 minutes or less. I've also seen manual scanners, much like the ones used for detecting engine trouble codes on cars. Not quite sure how it would work for the KDC models, as it shuts off after a code is entered incorectly, so that may take a while. Connect the stereo to a mobile battery pack so the unit stays on, and away from your fuses in your car. Your fuses can blow if you continually turn the stereo on and off. Snap, crackle, POP! This is an almost pointless feature; they call it theft protection, but really if it's removed from the owners vehicle, than it's stolen, both parties are stuck. Do you think Kenwood will give you another unit, even if you have the reciept? Of course they won't invest in a better warranty policy (these are stolen everyday), but will have you believe this extra feature will improve your chances of keeping your radio. Maybe they should put a label on their units: SECURITY CODE PROTECTION. This could possibly protect their customers from losing their units. But do you think they really care?    

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic