icon

Easy Way to Get Resin Off Skin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
midwayelec 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
Yea yea yea.... i know... gloves work wonders, but I'm an idiot, haha. Actually the whole story was I got a little resin on my hand, so I washed it off real quick in my cup of acetone that I was using to clean off my brush, and now parts of my hands are all sticky and stuff. How can I get this sh*t off my hands? haha, I feel like such a retard....
kustomcarluvr 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

Where gloves or wait about a week it should be gone by then. Just joking, well not really it should be gone in a week but I use regular paint thinner for car paint and it seems to work well.

Just learn from your mistakes and you should be ok next time.

Matt

xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
yea i have had that happen from the crap eating through the gloves, man it sucks, i just used that orange cleaner like 10 times to get it off, it was getting hot as hell too (was still liquid and hardening)
iaudio 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
wipe your hands several times with rags soaked in acetone. use a new rag each time and it will get rid of the stickiness.
my12volts 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
haha..i bet the next time you will wear gloves?...
Ixj159 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

If i were you I'd just cut your fingers off, because if you are stupid enough to mess w/ resin w/o wearing gloves then I see no need for you to deserve fingers on your hand. It would be different if you had gloves on and the glove magically broke and then you got the resin on your hand, but since thats not the case, byebye fingers.

94Accord 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2003 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
As I learned from a marine glasser, with POLYESTER Resin, NOT Epoxy Resin, use White Vinegar, and it easily removes uncured Polyester Resin very easily. I was skeptical, but tried in when resin seeped in a whole in my glove, and it took it ALL of easily!! Plus its not a harsh chemical. I know of nothing for Epoxy resin though. Hope this helps!
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2003 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
everyone just needs to chill out I have gotten poly resin on my hands all the time and it does nothing and will eventually come off usually in less than a day but lava soap will help speed it up
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
audiomechanic 
Silver - Posts: 388
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2003 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
if you can get a hold of a snap-on guy get some of the soap they sell......the stuff i use is Snap-on red-line....it has crushed walnut shells in it.....it is the best soap i have ever used.....ever.....it will take anything off...grease, resin, bodyfiller,duraglass, whatever.....it is about 20 for a jug....a jug lasts me about 6 months using it all the time. here is a couple links to the 2 different kinds......most Snap on guys will sell them individually so you dont have to get a 4 pack.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp?P65=yes&tool=all&item_ID=68310&group_ID=2222&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog    
OR
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp?P65=yes&tool=all&item_ID=68309&group_ID=2222&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog
Carmaniaguy 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
I think everyone gets it on them once in awhile. I don't even notice it anymore. However, if I do get it on me I just use a little spit and wipe it off real quick. Does wonders, a littel rub and and a little spit and its gone.  Acetone sometimes burns if you got cuts, and if you are like me you got lots of cuts.
carmaniaguy
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic