icon

Rollup when sector violated... Success!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
utc13 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2003 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I did use the diode across the coil. I always use a relay socket when I use relays and I can get sockets with the diode already installed. See link below.
The resistor must be installed in parallel with the capacitor. I don’t have a picture handy so see the (very) rough sketch I drew below. Just twist the resistor and capacitor together as shown and then install this assembly ‘inline’ on the relay wire.
I have seen zero drawbacks with this setup thus far.
The capacitor I used is…
Radio Shack
1000µF 35V 20% Radial-lead Electrolytic Capacitor
Catalog #: 272-1032
Link to relay socket with diode
Rollup when sector violated... Success! - Page 4 -- posted image.
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2003 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
Excellent, thanks for the information and the diagram. Now I know which capacitor to get, but I'm not sure which resistor. I know you said 10k uF, but there's a couple of those on Radio Shack's site. Is this the correct one?? Thanks for the link on the relays, too...I'll use those from now on. For the meantime, can I install a diode from wire 85 to 86 on the relay harness?....like this?.....
Thanks again for the help...I really appreciate it. I attempted the diagram, too...
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2003 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
Crap, the pictures come up when they want (there's two diagrams in that last post). If you want, you can copy and paste the link, then they should show up.
utc13 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2003 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Resistor:
Radio Shack
10K ohm 1/2W 5% Carbon Film Resistor
Catalog #: 271-1126
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2003 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
hey, thanks again utc....
Did you also put a diode on the orange wire? I'm already using it now for the starter kill as well as the 530t, both of which needed a diode.   Are you also using one for this application?
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
Hmmm, I've been thinking a bit more about this (scary, I know). I was curious what would happen....
1. The windows are down and the car is armed
2. Someone bumps the car, and the alarm goes off
3. The shock sensor sends the signal to the relay, and the 530t receives a .5 second pulse and closes the windows
4. What's to stop the shock sensor from sending the signal again and again in the 30 seconds that the alarm is sounding? Unless the sensor only sends a quick pulse the moment there's a shock, and that's it?
I guess the reason I was thinking about this was becase I was wondering if this could work with the doors, instead. In other words, you park with the windows open, and someone reaches in to unlock the door. But there's really no "signal" that's sent, right?.....just that the alarm sees the door open, and the siren goes off. Then I was thinking I could hook up to the siren instead of the shock sensor.....but then the siren would keep trying to send the signal to the 530t, when I only want it to go on the first try.
Ok, I'm babbling....any ideas on what I'm thinking?
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
I'm starting to think this won't work (with the shock sensor that is). Doesn't the shock sensor send out pulses even when the car is disarmed? In other words, I've seen the light blink on the sensor when I tap it while working on the car (and it's disarmed). I hope this wouldn't make the windows roll up while the car is running (and not armed).
eek.
geotexz71 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
FWIW - If you use DEI 529/530 window module with a 508D field disturbance sensor, and want to roll-up on the warn away, you won't need the cap/resistor since the warn away is pulsed.
Basically, the way I run my alarms are to always have it roll-up the windows upon arming. However, if vented, I want the windows to roll-up if someone breaks the proximity. I prefer to roll-up on the warn away because a would-be merely needs to grasp the window firmly to stop the roll-up because of the built-in load control circuitry, and he's free to grab whatever is in reach without setting the alarm off. So, with triggering a warn-away roll-up, you buy a few seconds of time, depending on your field setting, before reaching to grab the window.
So my solution is as follow using a single relay:
Pin 30: (-) when armed from alarm brain
Pin 87a: window module trigger wire
Pin 87: not used
Pin 85: pulsed (-) warn away of the proximity sensor
Pin 86: +12V fused
In this configuration, Pins 30 and 87a are closed when the coil is not energized and this allows the windows to roll-up on alarm via the (-) when armed from the alarm brain. Because DEI window modules work off a constant ground, you need only break the ground path to get them to reset. So, when the pulsed (-) of the proximity sensor is triggered it will energize the coil and break the ground for a few milliseconds. The pulse quits, the contacts return to normally closed and the windows roll-up! Even if your windows are rolled up, and the proximity is broken, it'll attempt to actuate a roll-up, but it's no matter with the inherent circuitry of the window modules. This should also work for generic window modules using constant grounds and field disturbance sensors with a warn-away pulsed (-).
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic