icon

ford alarm pc-32 card by powercode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
babysho 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
I try installing this alarm myself everything was fine until: found the ignition wire, the horn wire, the starter wire and the dome light wire led started blinking and then it stoped. I'm not sure what happen I think I burned it out just the software cartridge (dna) part I have ford's new alarm the one with the pc-32 by powercode. I tested all fuses and their power coming into the module.
I think I was suppose to use relays for the horn and starter. Can anyone confirm? I think I'll leave it to the pro's. I purchased this alarm at powercall they gave me the worse instructions on installing this alarm no mentions on where or how to install a relay. Anyone have a suggestion on a good basic alarm.
ar
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
What car are you installing this on? For the horn wire you should hook up the BROWN / black wire off the module to the (-) horn wire. The starter wires are violet and violet/red off hand I think violet/red is the key side and violet is the motor side off the module. You shouldn't need to add a relay for either of these wires unless you have some oddball or older ford. I don't have any type of manual in front of me but I do these ford units all the time so if you need some help let me know. In the meantime it's a good idea to plug the chip in last and definately don't hookup power and ground until you have everything else ready to go. Did you hook everything else up already or just what you listed? If not then hook up everything else the unit isn't going to work with what you listed it might not be a bad chip who knows.
babysho 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
yes I sure can use some expert help thanks so much. Well I first did what you said I shouldnt and that is I connected the power and ground before connecting any other wires. When doing so I took notice that the led light was flashing and weird noises like relay ticking sounds were coming from the module. I figured that was a good sign. I began to connect other wires like the black and brown wire you mentioned to the PURPLE / orange wire under the dash. I also, found the RED / lt.blue wire which I thinks is the starter and I also, found the ignition+12volts which was RED / lt.green I found on the right side kicker panel a BLACK/ lt.blue(+) wire which I think is the dome light because when I test the lead with the door close it read 0000 but when I opened the door it read 12.53v. when I turned the car on I notice that the led light was steady red so I pressed on that overrided button and when I did that the light went off but now I dont hear clicking sounds from the module and the led does not light up. oh IM INSTALLING THIS ON MY 1999 FORD TAURUS SE. what do you make of it? I didnt realize everything need to be install for it work I thought a few connections and I would hear the horn honk at least. that why I thought I needed a relay. this alarm is a system 4 has the internal shock sensor built in. I really need help. on the diagram it indicates that I should install the wht/red wire (power lock) to the pink / YELLOW wire but the module does not have a wht/red wire. thanks for your time.
ar
babysho 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
ford alarm pc-32 card by powercode -- posted image.
ar
NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
|       ITEM      |     WIRE COLOR     |POL|       WIRE LOCATION        |
|              12V|lt.grn/ppl or yellow|+ |ignition harness            |
|          STARTER|RED / lt. blue        |+ |ignition harness            |
|        IGNITION|RED / lt. green       |+ |ignition harness            |
| SECOND IGNITION|                    |   |                            |
|        ACCESSORY|gry/yel & RED / blk   |+ |ignition harness            |
| SECOND ACCESSORY|BLACK/ lt green      |+ |ignition harness            |
|       POWER LOCK|pink / YELLOW        |- |drivers kick panel          |
|     POWER UNLOCK|pink/green          |- |drivers kick panel          |
|       LOCK MOTOR|pink/black          |   |drivers kick panel          |
|     UNLOCK MOTOR|RED / white           |   |drivers kick panel          |
|    DISARM DEFEAT|pink/orange        |   |drivers kick panel          |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|brown               |   |switch or fuse box          |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|                    |   |                            |
|       HEADLIGHTS|RED / yellow          |+ |headlight switch            |
|     DOOR TRIGGER|BLACK/ lt. blue      |+ |under dash light *1        |
| TRUNK/HATCH PIN|BLACK/ pink          |- |at trunk light              |
|TRNK/HTCH RELEASE|pnk/yel or gry/red |*2 |at release switch           |
| FCTRY ALARM ARM|                    |   |                            |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|pink/white          |- |drivers kick panel          |
|       TACHOMETER|yellow/white        |   |ignition coil *4            |
|       BRAKE WIRE|RED / lt. Green       |+ |Brake switch or DKP        |
|     HORN TRIGGER|PURPLE / orange       |- |*3                          |
|           WIPERS|wht , dk. blue/org |+ |wiper motor *5              |
| LF WINDOW UP/DN|blk/wht - tan/ltblue|A |drivers door at switch      |
| RF WINDOW UP/DN|wht/yel - tan/ltblue|A |drivers kick panel          |
| LR WINDOW UP/DN|yel/ltblu-gray/org |A |drivers kick panel          |
| RR WINDOW UP/DN|yel/blk - RED / blk   |A |drivers kick panel          |
Notes:
NOTE: This vehicle is equipped with PATS (Passive Anti Theft System). Use DEI module 555F to over-ride during remote start. *1 Also found lt. GREEN/ orange (-) at headlight switch. BLACK/ orange at GEM (instrument fuse panel) will get all doors and hatch on wagon. Rests at ground through ignition, cut and diode isolate. *2 There are 2 wires at the switch. If the switch has a pink / YELLOW and a gray/red use the pink / YELLOW as a negative trigger. If the swich has a gray/red and a purple / YELLOW, use gray/red as a positive trigger.    *3 Four pin plug to right of steering column. *4 Coil & Harness behind intake manifold at back of engine compartment. *5 Also found at the fuse/relay box under hood.
NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
"wht/red wire (power lock) to the pink / YELLOW wire but the module does not have a wht/red wire"
The lock/unlock wires off the module are blue and green on the left side of the main plug. I can't remember which is which right now having a brain fart but I will get back to you. Park lights is the white wire off the main plug. Make sure to set your fuses appropriately inside the module, which should be + for park lights and dome lights. Your going to hook both the thicker BLACK/ white and the thinner GREEN/ violet both in the main plug to the BLACK/ l. blue domelight wire you found. (If your car has an underdash light it's usually easiest to connect to that wire there.) If your car has factory keyless and you want to be able to arm/disarm the system using the factory remotes as well, you'll need to hookup the l. green, WHITE/ blue, and brown wires off the main plug of the alarm. If you DON'T need that feature, you can cut those off and tape them up less connections to worry about. Are you installing driver door priority? If NOT, cut off the blue/green wire from the main plug you won't need it. Then use the tan wire in the main plug for your trunk release which you can tap into at the trunk release switch. Also set the fuse in the module for trunk release appropriately. There's some more info that should get you a little bit further I have to get to bed.
"When doing so I took notice that the led light was flashing and weird noises like relay ticking sounds were coming from the module."
This is pretty normal basically anytime you first plug in an alarm and power it up it sets off and you have to hit the disarm button in order to stop it. The relay you heard clicking was just the one to pulse the parking lights and/or horn but since they weren't hooked up all you heard was the relay clicking. You might want to try unplugging the module all together and making sure all the fuses are good and then plugging it back in to see if it does anything. If not you might want to have it looked at because if it's fried not much reason to continue the install. By the way where are you located? There's always a chance somebody could take a look at it for you I know I'm always willing if anybody is in the eastern PA area. Good luck post anymore questions I will try and help out.
NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
As for the led being steady did you have the domelight wire hooked up at that point? If so then the alarm was armed and seeing that the door was open which the led stays on steady until it sees the door closed at which point the led would start to blink. If you didn't have the dome wire hooked up than I'm not real sure why the LED was on solid like that.
babysho 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2003 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
Hi there that was so!! helpful thanks so much. I have a few questions if you dont mine. I just want to run through some of the thinks you told me. oh by the way I call the company in which I bought the alarm and he said that he has never heard of anyone burning this system before. He said I could send it back to him and retest it I told him that I have a experience installer. He said are you sure he knows this system because if is a new system and once installed it must be programed to learn itself and the connections. He told me to ask you if you are fimiliar with the programing of this system? He mention it will not work unless programed. I told him that without doubt you know your stuff. I also mentioned that the diagram he gave me wasnt helpful and the color codes don't match he said that it was not intended for me to install it myself only a trained installer could understand it and that were I have you to thank for. He said that sometimes those ticking sounds could also be a bad ground or a program problem. I finish labeling all the wires like you told me and I going to give it one more shot before I send it back to be examined.
this is what I have so far:
constant 12v to I connected to the battery red
starter kill vlt or wht to cars RED / lt.blue
ignition+12v:orange to car RED / lt.green
dome light/superv: brown to car BLACK/ lt.blue(+)
horn: YOU SAID BLACK/ BROWN TO CAR PURPLE / ORANGE
power lock: blue to car pink and yellow
power unlock: YOU SAID GREEN to car pink/lt. green
trunk release: YOU SAID TAN to car gray/red(+) or pink / YELLOW
alarm input wire: YOU SAID GREEN.VT TIDE TOGETHER WITH BK/WT to car BLACK/ lt.blue(+)
Know you mentioned the WHITE/ blue wire on the module needs to be connect for alarm to work with the keyless entery. But were does the WHITE/ blue wire get connected to? you mentioned 3 wire needed to be connected in order for the alarm to work with my keyless entery. I would like for it to work with my keyless entery. but I have no idea were the WHITE/ blue wire goes? take a look at these run down(s) and let me know if everything sound good. if not let me know where I when wrong. Ill talk to you soon! good night!
ar
NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2003 at 5:27 AM / IP Logged  
"He told me to ask you if you are fimiliar with the programing of this system?"
I do these systems all the time that's not an issue.
"constant 12v to I connected to the battery red"
Did you run this out to the battery or tap into a red wire somewhere? Usually on fords connect this wire to the thick yellow wire up at the steering column where you found the starter and ignition wires.
"starter kill vlt or wht to cars RED / lt.blue"
You connect the violet wire to the starter wire if you don't want starter kill. If you want starter KILL installed you cut the RED / l. blue starter wire in half and connect the violet/red to the key side and the violet to the motor side. The white wire off the module is for the parking lights, so definately don't connect it to the starter..
"ignition+12v:orange to car RED / lt.green"
Ignition your going to connect the pink wire off the module. The orange and ORANGE / white off the module are for your heater/ac wires, which will connect to your gray / YELLOW & RED / black wires at the same spot you found the starter and ignition wires.
"dome light/superv: brown to car BLACK/ lt.blue(+)"
As I said before you hook the GREEN/ violet and the thicker BLACK/ white in the main plug to this wire. Not the brown.
"horn: YOU SAID BLACK/ BROWN TO CAR PURPLE / ORANGE"
Correct..
"trunk release: YOU SAID TAN to car gray/red(+) or pink / YELLOW"
So does your car have a gray/red wire or a pink / YELLOW wire at the trunk release switch? That determines how you set the fuse for the trunk release.
"Know you mentioned the WHITE/ blue wire on the module needs to be connect for alarm to work with the keyless entery."
Yes the WHITE/ blue, l. green, and brown all have to be connected in order for it to work with your keyless entry. These wires should all be right next to each other if I remember correctly in the main plug on the module. (If this is not the case speak up) Here's what you'll need to connect them:
LOCK MOTOR|pink/black|   |drivers kick panel    
UNLOCK MOTOR|RED / white|   |drivers kick panel          DISARM DEFEAT|pink/orange|   |drivers kick panel
You will connect the brown (disarm) wire to the RED / white. The l. green unlock switch sense has to go to the pink/orange, and the WHITE/ blue goes to the pink/black.
Also a little more rundown. In the third plug on the module on the right side you should have the following colors:
Thicker Wires
Blue - Heater 2 input. Connect this wire to constant 12 volts. I usually tap it into the red wire right next to it.
Red - Connect to a thick yellow constant 12v
Orange - Heater 1 - Connect to the gray / YELLOW where you found the starter and ignition wires.
ORANGE / white - Heater 2 - Connect to the RED / black where you found the starter and ignition wires.
Pink/white - Ignition 2 - This wire is not used in this installation.
Thinner Wires
Violet/white - Tach Wire
BLACK/ white - Key In Sense Wire
Brown - Brake Input Wire

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic