icon

Avistart 3300 - Remote Start nonexistant

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BigMattXXL 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

I'm installing an Avital Avistart 3300 in a 1999 Ford Expedition, and for some reason the remote start is totally nonexistant - the keyless entry, door triggers, shock sensor, etc. all work, but when I hit the two buttons to remote start, nothing happens.    No relays clicking, nothing - I have the PATS key bypass module, but I would expect the brain to at least click some relays or something when I try to remote start.

Any ideas?  I extracted most of the wires today and I'm going to go back through and check everything tomorrow.

Also, there is a "Remote Start Actvation Input" wire coming off of the main harness - what do I connect this to?  I thought maybe it would connect to the blue wire on the PATS module, since the other is a 12V and the Remote Start Activation Input is a (-).

I've installed alarms before, but this is the first time I've had to deal with all this crazy anti-theft stuff.  This truck is a rolling space station.

Thanks in advance for any help.

XXL

Matt Schear
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
On my car, the "remote start activation input" wire is what can connect to a push-button to make it easier to get into "Valet takeover mode" or to use the "pit stop feature". Basically, it's the same as using the remote starter button on your remote. I didn't use this button, but I can't remember what I did with the wire. I think I just taped it off.
Did you hook up the hood pin?
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
A) Check your hoodpin to make sure that its not showing ground to the remote start unit - this will cause nothing to happen
B) Is your neutral safety wire (BLACK/ white in a small 6 pin harness) hooked up or grounded? If not the remote start will not work
C) Is your relay pack getting power? Check the fuses (30a) on the main power leads supplying voltage to the relays.
BigMattXXL 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I've got everything working, but I can't get the damn DEI 555 transponder to catch the signal.  I've followed the programming instructions about a dozen times so far, but it won't pick up the signal. 

Anybody have any tips for programming this crazy thing?  I've got the one that picks up and stores the key signal - not the one where you give up one key and seal it in the plastic box.

XXL

Matt Schear
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 17, 2003 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
Those 555F things are such a pain to get working that I pretty much refuse to use them. But the programming should be easy---getting it into a position where it works reliably will be harder, but that comes later.
Hold the piece right in front of the keyhole while you program it, and it should program pretty easily. And then the remote start should work when you hold it in front of the keyhole again. After that, experiment with placement.
Also, you should test the 555F's wiring for proper operation-----is the red wire getting constant power? is the blue wire getting a ground during remote start?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic