icon

viper remote problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ramsfan 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have a viper 500+ on 2 different cars.im selling 1 of the cars.How do i go about unprogramming the remote so it will just work on one car instead of 2.  
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
it is in the manual somewhere...you just have to clear your brain on the vehicle you are keeping, but I cant remember the sequence used to clear the brain...
what u do is clear the brain of all remotes, and then just reprogram the remotes that you keep back to your brain, and that way the guy who is getting the car you are selling doesnt have access to your vehicle...
if you cant find your manual I will look in one of mine and let you know how to clear your brains memory...
ramsfan 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have the manual but  i cant find how to clear the brain.Any help would be appreciated.
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
Hmmm....this is confusing. I checked your manual, and I can't find where it says how to delete the transmitters. On my alarm, when you do the learn routine to program a certain button to a certain channel....you just program to Channel 10, and it deletes everything. I'm sure someone knows, though...
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
aight, heres what you have to do:
1. open the door...
2. turn the ignition on...
3. press the valet button NINE times, release it, and hold it until the siren chirps nine times or the LED blinks 9 times...
and then all you have to do is reprogram your remotes back to your vehicle and its all set...
if you need to know which buttons program what functions let me know and I will hook you up...
ramsfan 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
It churps after  pressing the 4th time.Wont let me erase.Any other suggestions.Also the brain is in learn mode.Is that making a difference.  
ramsfan 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2003 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ay other thoghts on the subject
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2003 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  
the learn routine is how you program the brain...do you mean its locked in the learn routine?
if it was programmed with a DEI BitWriter, it may have been locked by the programmer, so you may have to take it to the shop where it was installed to have the learn function unlocked...
unless the 500+ is a much older model than I am familiar with in which case the newer methods may not apply...are u sure its a 500+ and not a 500HF or 500PC or 500ESP? I think the 500HF was actually 500HF+ but my memory is failing me...I know that the this method works on the models that I have listed because I have used it...how old is the alarm?
the only other thing that comes to my mind is that to access the learn function, you must turn the ignition on and then OFF again...are you sure you are not doing that? you just have to turn the ignition on and leave it on...that is how you access the keyfob programming...maybe that is why you are getting the learn routine menu...
let me know if you still have problems beyond that...
Montrealler 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2003 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
u can also open your remote add a jumper to the codding re-learn this remote 4 times in the car u keep
not so wise but will work for sure IF the remote is jumper programable also
ramsfan 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2003 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
thanx for the response but i figured it out.If anyone runs into the same problem open the door,turn the key to on,press the valet 9 times you will hear it churp each time.It should erase the codes and you can reprogram any remote to each car. 
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic