icon

2002 toyota echo ideas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
c.c. 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
does anyone have an install in an echo, or has any ideas about one.  i have a basic one now, but am looking to improve on it.  i thought it would be cool, as the name of the car is a reference to sound.
toyota echo...perfect sound named vehicle
-oz- 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Dude, I'd replace the factory stereo with something a little nicer first. How much money are you willing to spend? What kind of performance are you looking for?
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
If you’re looking for creative install ideas I would suggest you check out CAR Domain although they don’t have too many Echo install pics, you can check out other cars and get ideas. http://www.cardomain.com If you want some suggestions about a system design just let us know what kind of sound your looking for a general idea of what you want and your budget. And we will give you some suggestions.
c.c. 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, i replaced the entire stereo so far, i've got a kenwood kdc-mp822 unit, kenwood 6.5's in the doors, RF 4" in the dash (the kenwoods wouldn't fit right), kenwood 6x9's on the rear deck, two infinity 1030w's in .75 cft boxes i built myself to match sub specs.  for amps i have a 60x4 kenwood powering the fronts and rears, and a 460w @ 4 ohms kenwood powering the subs.  but i have them in series, so its 8 ohms, about 230w.  the only problem i have really is that the sound stage is kinda low, and the bass is a little biased toward the back.  i tried to turn the crossover point lower on the subs, but that didnt help much. (its at 70 on the amp dial, although i think its closer to 80-85hz).  i am mainly going for SQ, although i like techno a lot so it has to have some bump too.
c.c. 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
oh, four gauge wire is split ot two 8 gauge wires, one for each amp.  i have a 1farad cap for each amp.  would the rca cables make a difference in the imaging?  ive got tsunami now (bought @ circuit city), i have no noise, but would a different rca affect the soundstage?
pfitz 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Any mod needed to upgrade the door speakers?  I have a customer with a leased Echo that wants to upgrade the door speakers.  What fits without cutting a hole?2002 toyota echo ideas -- posted image.
c.c. 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
on mine i used kenwood 6 1/2's, but i had to make a mounting ring from 1/2 mdf.  plus the front speakers are held in by rivets that have to be drilled out.  lastly the speaker has a connector...that has to be cut, or an adapter has to be made (bought).  these are in the kick panel.  the stock size is 6 1/2 in the doors, 6x9 on the rear deck, and 4" in the dash.
pfitz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a bunch!  Now I at least know what I need.  The 6X9's in the back - did you have to make a ring for them too, or did you go with the stock face plates?
pfitz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
Great!  Did you have to make ring spacers for the back 6X9's or did you stick with the stock faceplates?
hobbes6981 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Sounddomain.com has a few examples of some Echos with ICE.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic