icon

Is My Alarm Brain Broken

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Creator_11 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, here goes, i just installed my alarm 2 days ago, and everything was hooked up perfectly, hers my problems, first the shock sensor is not working, tested is multiple times after wating up to 5min after arming the alarm, then i realized i hooked up the starter kill corectly, i have triple checked it, and the car still starts when the cars armed and going off, and i have now replaced the battery in my remote and reporgramed the remote but i can only get a reception of about 2 inches. I have pulled the entire brain out to open it up and i didn't see anyhting unusualy, any cracked solders, but what werid is the day i installed it, i could get like 20 feet minimum with the remote, and now i can only get 2 inches from the brain, the antenna looks ok, i armed it before going inot a pizza place then when i came out, it wouldn't disarm, so i cchanged the battery in the remote like i said, and still no luck,  with the starter relay not working, the shock sensor not working and now the reception is completely crap could my brain be faulty, its an autopage rf-305,

im not sure what to do, i bought it brand new from ebay, should i try to get a replacement from autopage?

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
well, it could a few different things.....
is the antenna wire grounded?? if so undo it. make sure it is not touching any metal.
send me the wiring info for that alarm and i will look over it.
what kind of car is it. we need to know what wires you hooked the alarm to in the car....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Creator_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  

Ok

I have a 97 saturn sc2, the alarm can lock, unlock the doors, the door triggers work fine, the ignition trigger works finre, the car alarm can go off if its armed and i open the doors, or turn the ignition on, its just poor reception and the shock sensor and the startewr relay not working, i have posted before on the starter relay and i have wired it exactly how it shows on the closed relay on this site for a starter. the antenna i have not moved, its still in the same place it was when i was getting like 30 feet wiht the remote.

the wiring is a follows

Alarm red wrie - constant 12v

alarm green wire - parking lights which works fine

alarm gray wire - car door triggers

white wire - ignition trigger switch

BLACK/ white wire - starter ground output wire - for starter kill

black wire - grounded to the chassis

blue wire - hooked to the siren which chips fine

light blue wire - positive door locks

light green wire - positive door locks

asi said the system works, i just have to hold the remote about 3 inches fomr the brain, and the shock sensor that just simply plugs into the brain is not working,

i have run a volt meter to the shock sensor red wire, is put out about 5 volts disarmed and 0 volts when armed,

also the starter kill relay is not working, the BLACK/ white wire works fine i tested it with a voltmeter, but could the relay be fried.

85 - alarm output

86 - ignition 12v

30 - starter wire to the starter

87a - starter wire to switch

Creator_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
How can you ground your atenna wire if it is wrapped in the electrical platic stuff that most wiring has. technically isn't it sheilded.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
sometimes people think that it should be grounded. as you know it shouldnt be.
is this wire:
BLACK/ white wire - starter ground output wire - for starter kill
a neg output wire from the alarm????
85 - alarm output -
86 - ignition 12v
30 - key side of starter wire
87a - starter wire side
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  

for the starter kill try this:

30 KEY SIDE of the starter wire

87a Motor Side of the starter wire

86   BLACK/ white from alarm

85 true ignition (make sure you're not getting the accessory wire, to test ignition just poke on the wire and crank the car, the wire should read 12 volts when you turn the key as well as when you are cranking, on the other hand, accessory wires show 12 volt when you turn the key but rest at 0 when you're cranking)

elrayodesinaloa 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
also one common problem with reception is ground, just run a test cable straight from the alarm to the negative side of the battery and try it out.  Many cars are not well chassis grounded.
Creator_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
I did that, i was actually grounded to the battery, then i tried it grounded to the chassis, no difference
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
well maybe the brain is indeed busted dude.  How much did you pay for it on ebay? just curious
Creator_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2003 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Ipaid 20 u.s. from an alarm shop in florida, thay said it should still has a warrenty, so im hopin if i can't figure out whats wrong and it is faulty perhaps, autopage will either fix or replace it. otherwise im lookin to buy just and autopage alarm brain, any model, 305, 310, 600, 650, whatever.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic