icon

Kenwood KDCX969

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Thayes 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2003 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone had any experience with any of the Kenwood units?  ANy of the 969, 869 or 769 units?
T-Bird
bryceyaworsky 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2003 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

The closest experience I have to those would be my KDC-X717.  I love it!!  It has tons of options and it's extremely versatile.  I'd say go with Kenwood for CD players, it's definitely their strongest product.  I've had 3 different Kenwood decks over the last 7 years, and the first one (4007?, I'm not sure) is still working perfectly in my friends' car.

Just my 2 cents, I'm sure others would disagree...

fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
Kenwood offers a lot of features for the dollar.  I have the Excelon 959 and have not had one problem.  They also offer a ton of features and when compared to Alpine you get all of the same features. 
hmouta 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
will let u know when my x969 gets here
mark241 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
I have the kenwood X869 and its awseome, tones of features 5.0Volt Preouts Aux input allows me to connect my minidisc player
hmouta 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

mark241 wrote:
I have the kenwood X869 and its awseome, tones of features 5.0Volt Preouts Aux input allows me to connect my minidisc player
   mark241, do u have amps connected to it. i was checking the online manual and it has two leads that i cant tell which is the remote turn on. i posted about it a few days ago.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=17541&PN=3

wizzle 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
i sell the x969.  i think what you are getting at is there are two turn on leads.  One is solid blue, the other blue w/ white.  the solid blue is the ant. cont.  This lead is to turn on a power antenna, so the wire is only hot while the tuner is selected.  The blue w/ white is the p. cont wire.  This wire will be the remote-turn on lead for the amp.
hmouta 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
wizzle, no the antenna lead i accounted for already. i'm left w/ the power control wire (blue/white) and i guess this is the remote turn on. the other is a pink black. the power antenna lead is the blue wire on the x969. i'm just trying to figure out what the pink black wire is (its exclusive to the x869 and 969). in the link i put above, i say what the manual describes the pink black wire as, but know what it means.
Thayes 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks this helps confirm what I was thinking.  How does it compare to the Eclipse units.  Also does anyone sell the upper end Eclipse models on the internet?
T-Bird
mark241 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know if you know already but use the blue/white wire for an optional power amplifier, the EXT.AMP.CONT." is (I think) for amplifiers with this special input (I think it's only on Kenwood amps)
Hope it helped

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic