icon

In Dash Screen

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AccentShow 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2003 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
Ok everybody, I'm new to the whole mobile video world! I'm looking to install a in dash screen and DVD player. The dvd player I'm going to mount that in my glove box by cutting a hole and mounting it for ease of use! A few questions though...1 where does the sound come from??? The DVD player, if so do they have 3 outputs for 2 amps(4 Channel and Mono Block)?? 2nd are the Pyle and Legacy decent screens?? As this is my first screen I'm going with something a little cheaper, then as more money becomes available, I'll upgrade the screen and DVD player to Ma Audio Components(only due to the fact that all the speakers and amps are Ma. The only stereo component not ma will be the wiring, only cuz I like stinger for their colors! Thanks for the help, I'll post pics of the install.
NextelOnline123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2003 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
I hate pyle screens. They are not that god at all. You can get a brand new alpine cva 1003 monitor from crutchfield for 599. A pyle screen is around 300 so I would same spend more money on something that will last. The monitor is where the sound comes from not the dvd player. All it has is outputs to go to the inputs on the monitor. Pyle dvd players are ok. I use on in one of my cars but it will skip if you have a system that hits hard. Mine hits like only 145 and it skips that hell out of that dvd player
AccentShow 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2003 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
The only reason I'm looking at those 2 is due to low cash, I can get screen and dvd player for what I was going to spend on my cd player. I'm not sure if I'll like having the screen in my car to begin with, so this is kinda a trial thing. See if I like it, then if I do, I'll save up for better screens and dvd player. So for this reason would the 5.6" Pyle or 5.6" Legacy be worth trying to decide if I like it. Thanks for all of your help!
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2003 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
That makes no sense - figure out what you really want before you buy it, otherwise you are going to end up spending more than you have otherwise...doesnt seem like a smart decision as you stated yourself that the reason you are thinking about getting cheap stuff was "due to low cash"
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2003 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

Stay away from both of those brands, I have installed both, and both have very poor picture/brightness...and are very hard to view at any angle other than right in front.  For the price, I would look into icon or mobile tv....both have way better picture and are competively priced.  Hope this helps.

-Cy

NextelOnline123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
yeah they use cheap lcds in them and they wear out to quick

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic