the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Infinity suggestion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2003 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
I just ordered my new headunit (Alpine CDA-7995), and am in the process of deciding on new internal speakers (amps I have, speakers I need!) to replace my pioneer's. I've decided to go Infinity, but I'm torn between the Reference and Kappa series (not Kappa Perfect, just Kappa).
I'm looking at either the 5.25" Reference 5000cs's and 6x8" Reference 6802cf's, or the 5.25" Kappa 50.5cs's and 5x7" Kappa 572.5cf's.
I've never dealt with Infinity before, but I've seen them up there with MB Quart (not as good, but as close as my checkbook can get too!). Is the Kappa series worth the extra $'s, or should I go with the Reference?
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
tech71 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2003 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't bought these or heard them, but recently found some good deals at the link below. I was looking at ifinfinity 5x7" speakers for factory replacement in my Mustang.
572.5cf 5 x 7 2-way custom fit loudspeaker pair
5 x 7 2-way custom fit[/URL]
tech71 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2003 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
oops on the link in the previous message
INFINITY Infinity Reference REF 5000CS $103.00
http://www.gopcplus.com/pcplus/product.asp?lMainCategoryID=145&lCategoryID=82&lProductid=91263
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2003 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
I have used many Infinity speakers, and can recomend without a doubt that the Kappa line sounds far superior to the Reference line.  The 572.5 is one of the best sounding 5X7 coaxials, bar none.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2003 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
I agree, you should definitely spend the extra for the Kappas--you will be glad you did.
Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
hmouta 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
i have the kappa 5x7s. definitely go kappa over reference if u can do it.
Lebult 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  

I've heard and own both the Kappa's and Reference 6.5 Comppnent sets, and they both sound great, but the Kappa's are amazing. I would say, if your not on a budget, go with the Kappa's. If not, get the Reference.

Either way, yuo wont be disappointed.

wvsquirrel 
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged  
Thx for the help. I think I'll go with the Kappa's based on everyone's recommendation. Thanks again
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
wvsquirrel 
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I just ordered the Kappa 50.5cs's and Kappa 572.5cf's. I paid a little more then I should have (I found them for about half of what I paid for them, but it was still less then MSRP), but I needed them here tomorrow. Tight pinch, improper planning, just gotta have it now type of thing! Oh well, its only $'s
I'm planning my install on Sunday, I'll let you all know how it turns out...
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
randy_a_smith 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

I just installed the Kappa 6-1/2 3-ways and Kappa 6X9 3-ways in my new altima witha pioneer head unit. I highly recommend them. They are very clean, and you can crank them up with little distortion on the high end. Definitley go with the Kappa's. I recommend a nice 100w RMS X 4 amp to push them. Maybe 75w RMS X 4 for the 5.25's you are looking at. Good choice.

I got them at etronics.com. They have the best customer reviews for the price. 112 per pair for my 6-1/2's and 139 a pair for my 6X9's. Can't beat that.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic