antenna problem on 1994 toyota camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Samantha 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2002 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks GlassWolf,

Wariow, could you let me know if you've fixed the problem, I'm 100% sure that you use 2 wires to trigger the aerial and I know it is definately the BLACK/ red and possibly a pink/blue or pink/green.

Sam
wariow 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2002 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys for the replies, I really really appreciate it. Sorry for not posting but I was busy with work and just listening to the thing without the antenna working. I'm going out to my car this instant and trying the things out. Thanks. I believe I did tap the BLACK/ red wire to the 12 volt wire which is the blue / YELLOW one. I never had a problem with my antenna before it always worked fine but I'll try out the suggestions that you've all made. Thanks again.
Oh btw, what's the driver's pillar for antenna is it the long metal plug that plugs into your reciever? Just wondering or is it something else thanx.
Peter
wariow 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2002 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
oh yeah i also have aproblem with my clock. You know that your clock is supposed to turn off when the car is off correct? Now I figure that i should connect it to the switch 12v but won't i lose the clock settings? Just wondering. Thanks
Peter
wariow 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2002 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
I got it to work, it was the blue/pink one Samantha i connected the BLACK/ red with the blue from the unit and the blue/pink and it worked! Thanks a bunch, you sure knwo your stuff. Thanks again glasswolf, samantha and mobiletoys2002 and whoever else that helped me. This site is great!!
Peter
mentos123 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  

I recently bought a head unit to try to install into my 94 camry, trying to follow the instructions on this page.  I hooked everything up as described, and the unit will not power on.  To top it all off, both the constant and the switched 12 V sources are no longer supplying any voltage at all.  Both my door ajar indicator (light on dash and sound) and my dome light are no longer functioning.  I've checked the fuse and it seems to be fine.  Have I totally ruined the electrical circuit?  Does anyone have any suggestions about how I might get the power going again?

Thanks,

Chris

wariow 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
you blew the fuse on the dome, open the hood and go into the big box, it should be the dom fuse the 20 amps one right in the middle of the fusebox, replace it and it should be work again. The camry doesn't have a acc supply or something like that so you'll have to connect both the ignition wire and the power wire to the constant 12v power which is the blue / YELLOW stripped wire. and it should power up.
Peter
mentos123 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2002 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  

Peter,

Thanks for the reply.  You're were right on the money.  I checked the fuse, and it was blown.  I"ll get a replacement ASAP.  I'm somewhat confused about your comments about the acc supply.  I was under the impression that the gray wire provides switched 12 V, while the blue / YELLOW wire provides constant voltage.  Isn't that correct?  So the ignition wire from the head unit goes to gray, while the constant power wire from the head unit go to the blue / YELLOW wire, right?  This is my first installation, so if you wouldn't mind walking me through it, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much for the help.

Chris

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2002 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
It would be great idea to double check your wiring to see why you blew the fuse if it is shorting out somewhere you will blow the new fuse as well . It will keep blowing fuses until the problem is fixed. And as for the accesory wire(acc) if taht car dont have one wich i dought just go to your ignition switch and tap it t here and now you should have no problems if you conect your acc and your constant together than your radio may be left on when the car is off.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2002 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
your acc wire should be pink with blue at the ignition switch. All you do is tap the red wire from your radio there and now it will only turn the radio on when the car is in the accesory position or running.antenna problem on 1994 toyota camry - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. alwayd double check any colors anyone gives you with a meter. this particualar wire can also be tested with a test light. This wire will light the bulb when in the accesory position and when you try to start your car while it is crankingt he light will go out then come back on when running this is the correct wire.
Samantha 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2002 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
The grey wire is your accessories wire.
Sam
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic