icon

amp selection on l7 10's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

Hey. Has anybody heard of boss or power acoustik?? Im sure you have, what do yall think about these amps??? I noticed they are pretty cheap so i dont know how much they really put out and how reliable they are. I have changed my mind on my subs that why i am asking. Instead of three l7 12's i am going with 4 l7 10's. and i wanted to know if a 2400 watts boss or power acoustik amp would work for this application. I want to put the max RMS to them (600 watts) so either a 2400 wats amp or two kx1200.1's. Just any opinions will help. Thanks in advance.

Wes

troysnx 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

*warning, this information was lying in the back of my mind collecting dust*

But...I could of sworn I heard good news about Boss, I hear they are pretty good bang for the buck and are pretty good quality

R.Troy
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
for a little more money go with 2 jbl 1200.1 or ma audio amps. boss and or power acoustic is junk they get hot fast and dont put out the watts they say they do.......just my opinion....good luck
the louder the better !!!!!!
can you feel it ?????
toadia 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

You Have that much money for the sub why not go to the COMP VR 10 and A better quality amp Like a kicker 1200.1. Why go high dollar on the subs and then cheese out on the amp.  Just a thought.

wizzle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
totally agreed.  most of "those brands" will short your wattage.  they must test those things is a dust, moisture free environment, 14.4 volts, 68 degrees farenheight, on a clear sunny day, , and a two year old reading the output meter.  downgrade the sub, and get an amp that will actually make the sub that you spent all that money on sound as it should.  just my opinion though.
JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
Ive used Boss and all i can say it that its REALLY CHEAP....I think they look cool and can make an neat install, but are really crappy when you want sounds to be made with them.
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
Stay away from Boss.
The JBL BP series is excellent, major bang for the buck and they are 1ohm stable. You can also get them for less than the Kicker KX1200.1's, yet still get the same (if not better) reliability.
2 JBL BP1200.1's would suite you perfectly for (4) 10" L7's.
Don't forget though, with that much power consumption you should really look into not only upgrading to either a Red Top or Yellow Top battery, but also High Output Alternator. You'll need to beef up the wiring from the alternator to the battery and the battery's ground as well.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
remedyking 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

just remember true power costs money 50 cents a true watt.

samdub 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  

huh? ( boss audio products) one word , no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no !

power acoustik maybe in a pinch but im with toadia dont crap out on the amp

wizzle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged  

it's actually a dollar a watt, but for a lot of applications, half of that is okay

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic