i need a diagram for 530t and 529t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quixs1lver 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  

hi guys...i'm a newbie here...

but i went to the local junkyard, and got a hold of DEI's 530t and 529t window roll modules...for 10 bucks!!! i went to dei's website trying to find the color codes but its not the the wiring diagrams cannot be found...so can anyone help me with thanks

--quix

cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
Here's a link to the 530t manual (it's a pdf file): Click here
As for the 529t, I called Directed Electronics, and they faxed me the manual....so I don't have a digital copy. Just give them a ring and ask them to fax it to you. I would post the colors for you, but I don't have the paper copy with me either.
Directed Electronics: 1-800-876-0800
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
quixs1lver 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
thanks! cpgoose!
quixs1lver 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  

alright i have the guides thanks to cpgoose.

now i planning to hook it to my 94 acura integra.

and on the guide, it states that i have to hook 3 wires (purple, green, and blue, PURPLE / black, GREEN/ black, and blue/black to each window up down motor. so if i place the module in lets say my driver door. would i have to run three wires across my car into the other door panel or is there another way?

cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, here's how I did it (I have a 2-door Integra...so I wanted to have 1-touch operation on all 3 switches...the 2 on the driver's door, and the 1 on the passenger door.)
Here's what I did: I installed the module in the cabin (under the dash), and ran the driver's side wires into the driver's side door in between the switch and the motor, and then I ran another set of wires into the passenger door between that switch and motor. Now, from the driver's door, I have 1-touch operation of the driver's window and the passenger's window. Then, on the passenger door, that switch has 1-touch operation of that window. It was tough to get the wires through to the door, but it was worth it in my opinion.
I wouldn't recommend putting the module in the door...I've heard stories about people getting them wet in the rain. Plus, if you put it in the door, you still have to run power wires through the door anyway...so in my opinion, I would just put it in the car instead, and run the window wires into the door. Make sure you also use a pretty decent sized wire, too, if you're going to run them far. If you use too small of a wire, it won't carry the current very well.
Write back if you have more questions.
quixs1lver 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  

oh...i was under the impression that you could just install in one door and just run the power wire to power the module...and all the wires would already be the driver door...but if the case is i have to run wires thru both doors then i will probably put it inside the cabin.

i dont mind putting inside the door b/c the previous owner before me had door lock actuators installed and i'm guessing the installers just drilled holes into the cabin and into the door b/c i see the door lock wires. so running the wires ins't very hard.

how did you manange to get all 3 buttons to do the auto roll down?

cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
Here's a basic diagram of what I think I did (it was a while ago :-)
i need a diagram for 530t and 529t -- posted image.
quixs1lver 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
oh...and one more thing...i just have the module with the wires...nothing else....i was wondering if anything else came with your module.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Well, if you put it in the door, then yes, you'd have to run the power wire....but if you're hooking it up to an alarm, then you'd also have to run the orange (ground when armed) wire as well. Plus, you'd have to run the wire to the alarm that will allow control from the AUX button on your remote as well.
You haven't said if you have a 2 or 4 door yet, but if you just wire it to the wires in the driver's door, then I don't think it will give you 1-touch on the other doors. You will have 1-touch on all doors from the driver's door, but not at the other doors, you know what I mean? In order to get 1-touch at the passenger door (for example), you need to drag the wires to that door's motor and switch.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
quixs1lver wrote:
oh...and one more thing...i just have the module with the wires...nothing else....i was wondering if anything else came with your module.
Nope, mine just came with the module, the directions, and 2 wire harnesses to plug into the module.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic