2.digital audio
3.boss
4.visonik
5.spl
6.volfenhag
7.lanzar
8.crunch
9.pyle
if you have dealt with any of these brands or have friends that have,let me know what your oppinion is.....thanks
crossing wires is,crossing the line....
bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
I have dealt with a Lanzar deck. I am happy with it.  It puts out a clean, strong signl and is easy to use. I have the "Stealth face".
I have also dealth with a Volfenhag 12". At low volumes it sounded good, but when you turn it up too high it starts to sound funny.
I do have to say that the brands you have listed at all lower end brands. There is a lot better out there for not much more money. If I were you I would reconsider these.
Lebult 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
hahaha, these are all the so called "cheap" brands
I was going to get an SPL amp, but I got a deal on a Phoenix Gold amp instead.
The stats of the SPL Series III seem pretty good, but I havnt tried or heard them myself.
Good luck
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

visonik isnt cheap. their stuff looks good.

but I and many others would say spend the money and go for MB quart stuff. the reference series is pretty cheap. but they sound great. there subs are good too.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
skyRyder 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

ironfistjohn ...it really depends on how much u want to spend ... good head unit will give u sound source too, coz the signal will given from the headunit and the speaker is only playing whatever the signal given......

i am pretty sure if u spend alittle more that, so you wont thinking of changing it again in another couple months (like i did need your opinion on a number of brands -- posted image.)

Panasonic, ALPINE, RF, and more..... 

:)

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
I would not recommend any of the brads above. What are you looking for and what is your budget?
bigmurf127 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
visonik makes some high quality stuff, there competition gear is awesome, haven't heard feedback on the low end stuff though
ironfistjohn 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2003 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

when it comes to head unit i use panasonic,it is the best and only that i have used in db dragracing....great antiskip features and very clean sound....i have won a many a contests with audiobahn subs and with aura amps....also used to run the aura force series subs in comp, as well....the only brands i would run out of the list i put up is visonik and digital audio....i was just wanting to get some feedback on the other brands listed,that people have used....

crossing wires is,crossing the line....
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2003 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
ironfistjohn wrote:

when it comes to head unit i use panasonic,it is the best and only that i have used in db dragracing....great antiskip features and very clean sound....i have won a many a contests with audiobahn subs and with aura amps....also used to run the aura force series subs in comp, as well....the only brands i would run out of the list i put up is visonik and digital audio....i was just wanting to get some feedback on the other brands listed,that people have used....

panasonic is regarded as the poorest SQ deck out of the major brands first off...they sound like ass and are designed cheaply and poorly to have a million useless features and be flashy so that young kids and girls will buy them...
but since you are running audiobahn and aura, I guess sound quality isnt really in your vocabulary, or at least it has no relevance to you, so any of these low end budget brands will probably be just great...
for most people, the fact that they are poorly built and arent capable of doing what their ads claim may be a bit of a turnoff...
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2003 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
So harsh but yet so true. I've got a Panasonic deck in my wifes truck, it serves its purpose. Its a nice deck, BUT, sq wise, it sucks when compared to my Eclipse deck. Course you said for db drags so i guess sq doesnt fit in when you just want something louder than hell. But either way, have no experience with any of the names you listed so i cant bash them, well except for pyle, they've always sucked. Have heard mixed reviews on boss stuff, everything else no idea but around here, gonna see alot of people bash those brands so good luck!! 
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic