icon

Grommet Poker, I Lost Mine

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2003 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
I use an old antenna mast with the ball knocked off.. just tape the wire to it and push on thru.. if i'm running a 4awg wire, I'll spray some K&N filter cleaner on it.. that is the slickest stuff I've EVER seen..
Besides, the masts are easy to come by in the shop and don't have to worry about pushing a grommet thru the firewall..
wlg83 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
There's a tool made for this? I use a broken test light. I'll have to get one of these things.
jasmar10 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2003 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
When I was installing I had one I bought off the Snap-On truck but I was more likely to grab one of my homemade ones.   One thing I know every installer has lying around..........old power antennas. Work great. Buy some screwdriver handles from Snap-On, MAC etc.. or cannabalize some old or broken screwdrivers. Increase the hole for the antenna mast to fit in the handle about 1/2 way through but do not make it to big as you want the mast to stay and not slip when using it. Drill a slightly smaller hole than that through the top(so the mast does not slide all the way through. Knock the mast into the handle. I put it in about the same way that the Snap-On guy would replace my screwdriver shafts. Take the end of the antenna mast to the grinder and put a 45 on it and then take a small rat tailed file and sharpen it up. These worked so well that I usually ended up making them and selling them to other installers. As another mentioned here brake line also works good and can be cut to any length you need.
promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
snap-on has it .. its called a gopher about 2 foot long red and 1/16th thick
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
01 Suburban LS 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2003 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
I use an old dipstick. I sharpened the end to a point and drilled a small hole a little bit from the end. I use the hold like the eye of a needle for fish the wire through.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic