icon

help! roll up window module when armed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jac2 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2003 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  

hi! im trying to install window module to roll up when i arm the alarm. i already installed hornet 554t in my 2000 honda accord v6 coupe.and the window module, it didnt come wtth the instruction just little diagram on back of box and back of module . so what  should be tap in to ALARM ACCESSORY ITEM?is it going to  accessory wire under the ignition?? and what i have to connect to LEFT MOTOR and LEFT SWITCH?? when i only know window up/down wires  from the database.it doesnt show any window switch wire or the motor wires!and am i able to  get all the wires from left window since it can controls the passenger side too!???thanks in advance!

mazdatruckin 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2003 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

The alarm accessory item should be hooked to an auxilary output of your alarm system. You press the button to vent the windows or if you hold it you can put it all the way down. Don't hook it to the ignition because its probably looking for a (-) pulse, not a positive one. That may blow the fuse on the unit.

You should have the wires for the up and down movement. What you do is cut each wire in half. Connect the motor side to the side going to the motor, and wire the switch side to the the switch. You can do both windows in the driver's door!

Thats it. Pretty simple.

cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
Which module are you installing?
I agree with mazdatruckin's answers. The ALARM ACCESSORY wire from the module goes to your alarm's auxillary output, so you can control the windows with the remote.
If the module doesn't add 1-touch (up and down) to your windows, then yes, I think you can just grab the wires for both doors in the driver's door. If it does add 1-touch, and you want the passenger door switch to have 1-touch, then you have to drag wires into that door, too.
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
mazdatruckin 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
Oh and if you are adding one touch to the passenger window, make sure to use no less than 16 AWG wire. It's a long run and these wires need to carry some current. But IMHO, it's easier to leave the passenger switch alone. It's funny when it has auto down and the passenger is trying to figure out how to stop it. No one thinks to hit the switch again. Oh well good luck!
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
haha, I think it's funny help! roll up window module when armed -- posted image. When a passenger holds the switch to shut the window the whole way, I open it right back up, and tell them to use the 1-touch! I didn't drag the wires all the way over there for nothin'! :-)
gonderoo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

I've been reading a few of the posts here and I'm still kinda lost. I just installed the hornet 544T over the weekend (the entire weekend LOL) along with the 530T window control module. The alarm and remote start work great the windows on the other hand dont 1 touch they vent hold the aux for a few secs and they go all the way down but when arming they both go up half way and stop then I have too roll them both up maually about 2" @ a time.I've double and triple checked my grounds and connections any help would greatly be appreciated

Tom
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
i ran the wiring for my smart windows 4 accessory to the switches in the driver's door for both windows.  i don't care if the passenger has one-touch up/down.  since i'm the one drivin', i need the one-touch.
jac2 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for your reply guys! so basically 2 wires tap together to each motor wire and each switch wire right? for example---lets say  black wire = up

white  = down

then, cut  each wire in half and tap motor side black+white wires to motor side wire and switch side black+white wires to switch wire in window module?

and can i leave the accessory item wire alone? because i already used aux button for my remote trunk.is there any other ways?if not then maybe i just want it to roll up only when its armed.do i still have to tap accessory wire to aux output or somewhere else?i dont know what brand, it came in a black box and said power window control module.it is bonus pack with alarm.btw seller said 1 module roll 2 windows up.2 modules roll 4 windows up or 2 windows up&down.4 modules roll 4 windows roll up&down and i only have 1 module!

cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2003 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
gonderoo wrote:

I've been reading a few of the posts here and I'm still kinda lost. I just installed the hornet 544T over the weekend (the entire weekend LOL) along with the 530T window control module. The alarm and remote start work great the windows on the other hand dont 1 touch they vent hold the aux for a few secs and they go all the way down but when arming they both go up half way and stop then I have too roll them both up maually about 2" @ a time.I've double and triple checked my grounds and connections any help would greatly be appreciated

You might want to check the dipswitches on the module. (If it has dipswitches....I think some of the older modules don't have them). If it's stopping in the middle, then I think you have to change the resistance. Go here if you need a manual.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2003 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
jac2 wrote:
thanks for your reply guys! so basically 2 wires tap together to each motor wire and each switch wire right? for example---lets say  black wire = up
white  = down
then, cut  each wire in half and tap motor side black+white wires to motor side wire and switch side black+white wires to switch wire in window module?
and can i leave the accessory item wire alone? because i already used aux button for my remote trunk.is there any other ways?if not then maybe i just want it to roll up only when its armed.do i still have to tap accessory wire to aux output or somewhere else?i dont know what brand, it came in a black box and said power window control module.it is bonus pack with alarm.btw seller said 1 module roll 2 windows up.2 modules roll 4 windows up or 2 windows up&down.4 modules roll 4 windows roll up&down and i only have 1 module!
For the driver's door, there should be 1 wire for up and 1 wire for down in the car. Let's take the UP wire first. You cut that wire between the switch and the motor....so you now have a SWITCH UP side and a MOTOR UP side of the wire. Then the same for the car's DOWN wire. When you cut that wire in half, you'll have a SWITCH DOWN side and a MOTOR DOWN side. Now, I'm not positive how your module works, but there should be 4 wires for the driver's door: SWITCH UP, SWITCH DOWN, MOTOR UP, MOTOR DOWN. You just hook up the 4 wires from the module to the corresponding 4 wires from the door.
Now, since you said your module does 2 windows, there should be another set of 4 wires to do the same thing to the passenger side door's wires.
As for the windows rolling up when you arm (if your module does this) you should have an orange "ground when armed" wire on the module, which will connect to the orange "ground when armed" wire on your alarm (assuming the wires you need are orange). You connect those two together, and it should roll the windows up upon arming. Just be sure to use a diode if you're already using the alarm's orange wire for something else (like a starter kill).
As for not using the aux channel to roll them down, I guess you can just tape up the module's wire if you're not going to use it.
Does this help?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic