icon

help! roll up window module when armed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gonderoo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2003 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
All the dipswitches are set to there highest setting. I have even played around and tried all the differant settings the highest one is by far the closest but still not right. I did use 16ga. wire I thought that we be heavy enough but other guys are saying 12 or even 10 cant really see how that would make that much of a diiferance? Any other suggestions?
Tom
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2003 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so you said when you use the remote, the windows vent fine, and also roll all the way down fine. But when you arm....they only roll up a little. And then when you use the switch, it does the same thing. Just wanted to make sure we're on the right track.
Well, at the end of the manual, it says if you already have 1-touch windows in your car, to make sure you're interfacing the module right at the motor and not at the switch. I'm not positive what that means, but maybe it means that you should be connecting your wires closer to the motor than the switch. Just an idea.
It also says to see what happens when you press on the glass to help it up, or try to stop it. But that deals with the efficiency...and you said you tried that stuff.
Personally, I put in thicker wire than 16awg. I think it was 10 or 12. Does one window work better than the other?
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
gonderoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2003 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Im sorry I did use 14awg and as far as my connections I made them closer to the motor. If I help the window just a little bit it goes up all the way driver and passenger. Both wimdows are acting the same, they both go up 1/2 way then stop. I've tried just doing 1 window @ a time and about every 3rd time it will go up by itself but like I said thats just doing 1 @ a time?
Tom
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2003 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
Does your car already have 1-touch?
(I'm running out of ideas here.)
gonderoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2003 at 5:30 AM / IP Logged  

Yes it does. And its a 01 Chevy Silverado...

Tom
jac2 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2003 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys,how do i find out which wires for controlling passengers window from drivers side??the data base only tell LF and RF wires from those particular place .i dont want to drag all the way from RF to LF!and looks ugly,so i test the voltage and cannot find any common voltage as LF up/down and RF up/down.they read aobut 12volts when i roll either up or down and either close to 0 voltage when up or down depends on pressing up or down.and also how do i find power sunroof wires??
rpm510 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2003 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
cpgoose wrote:
gonderoo wrote:

I've been reading a few of the posts here and I'm still kinda lost. I just installed the hornet 544T over the weekend (the entire weekend LOL) along with the 530T window control module. The alarm and remote start work great the windows on the other hand dont 1 touch they vent hold the aux for a few secs and they go all the way down but when arming they both go up half way and stop then I have too roll them both up maually about 2" @ a time.I've double and triple checked my grounds and connections any help would greatly be appreciated

You might want to check the dipswitches on the module. (If it has dipswitches....I think some of the older modules don't have them). If it's stopping in the middle, then I think you have to change the resistance. Go here if you need a manual.

With that problem, most of the time the windows is having a hard time to roll up because you need to clean the track. The track or the rail is dirty and can't roll up smoothly. Try to spray some DW40 or some gease on the track or rail so the glass can roll up without any resistance.

cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
jac2 wrote:
hey guys,how do i find out which wires for controlling passengers window from drivers side??the data base only tell LF and RF wires from those particular place .i dont want to drag all the way from RF to LF!and looks ugly,so i test the voltage and cannot find any common voltage as LF up/down and RF up/down.they read aobut 12volts when i roll either up or down and either close to 0 voltage when up or down depends on pressing up or down.and also how do i find power sunroof wires??
Shouldn't it just be the same color wire, only it's at the driver's door?
jac2 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
nop!i thought their same color as well and they should be, but its not.and i test the voltage none of them reads same voltage equal to 12 or 0 volts which are voltage reading of my windows when theyre up or down,either one.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2003 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
I can't find the wiring diagram for your car anywhere. I found one on Bulldog's website, but it didn't have the window wires. Where'd you find the diagram?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic