icon

83 Regal Radio Memory Wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BennyDigitale 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2003 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
Where can I hook up to a memory wire for a 83 Buick Regal? I bought the harness kit for it but no memory. Looked through the forums and it said that it was the grey wire but thats the illumination wire.. Need help please. Thanks for any suggestions.
lil_joker2k2 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
why dont u just run your own wire if you cant find it?, go under the dash and test some wires, you might even find the one your looking for. Your could try the pink one BUT its for the antenna and it might turn off when u switch from radio to cd. Are you running the stock stereo? or after market?
BennyDigitale 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
It's for an aftermarket head unit. The only wire that I didn't use was the grey because it was for the illumination.
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
The memory wire is the also known as the 12 volt (+) constant wire.  If you want to make it simple, just run a wire from the positive on the battery to the yellow wire on the head unit.  That will at least allow you to install the head unit and you could always use a digtial multimeter find the wire later.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   83 Regal Radio Memory Wire? -- posted image.
BennyDigitale 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
Well I have the memory wire connected to the red power wire now just so that it will play but every time I shut the car off and turn back on it resets all the settings. I want to retain all the settings. Please help me.
Sweekster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  

OK..what brand and model head unit do you have?  If you have a fairly new head unit then it should have a red wire (which is the 12 volt acc wire) and a yellow wire (which is the constant 12 volt memory wire).  It's clear that you have found a switched 12 acc wire.  So just run a wire from the positive on the battery to the yellow wire on the head unit and it then keep your settings.  If its still not keeping the settings when you do that then you may have a bd fuse somewhere.

Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   83 Regal Radio Memory Wire? -- posted image.
BennyDigitale 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
It's a Kenwood KDC 2011s. I used a harness adapter to hook it up. I just matched up all the wires accordingly.
Sweekster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
Ok...so the car still has the factory harness plug? ok..then you might want to check the fuse on the radio.  It may be bad.  Or you may not have connected the memory wire properly.  You should check that as well.
Duane...
BennyDigitale 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
Got it.. Thanks..
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Tap into the orange wire behind the blunt lighter. That s the constant that most use in that car. Good luck.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic