icon

Honda Accord alarm problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  

the problem with doing these is the relay, the resistance of a relay coil is soo low that if you put it in parallel with the cap it will drain it very fast,

What do you want this relay to do after it is turned on? stay on or shut off?

timtay 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks xetmes...
I have a car alarm, and I want to 'kill' the chirp from the siren when the car is locked or unlocked via the remote, but not kill the siren when the alarm is triggered.
There is a 0.5sec +ve pulse to the siren, one pulse when locking & 2 pulses when unlocking. Unfortunatly the alarm (Magicar FAI-410) does not have the option to programme to achieve a silent arm.
Hopefully you could suggest a solution?
Many thanks.
Tim Taylor
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 5:06 AM / IP Logged  
Does your alarm have an option to pulse the locks longer? If so try changing that and hooking up a relay as so:
85: - Lock Output (If your using + locks then ground 86)
86: Constant 12v
30: Siren output from alarm
87a: To siren
87: Not used
Basically all this does is anytime you lock or unlock the relay energizes and opens the circuit to the siren, ie no siren. When the relay isn't energized, the siren gets it's normal flow. I've never tried this but it sounds pretty good in theory and at 7 in the morning..You might also want to add a diode so that it only opens when the lock pulse is coming from the module, so that a thief couldn't just hold your unlock switch in the car and have the siren disabled. If your unit doesn't have longer pulsing locks you could still try it but I don't think it will hold the relay open long enough to kill the siren. Good luck
timtay 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 5:30 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks 'NowYaKnow'
The alarm does have an option to give a 4sec pluse when locking or unlocking so your suggestion sounds like it could work. But would the relay open in time to prevent the pulse to the siren?
Also, where would I fit the diode?
Many thanks.
Tim Taylor
xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
thats a good idea NowYaKnow, i dont know about running the actuators that long though... Do you have the door lock option all hooked up? Might be able to use the short output of the door lock to trigger a circuit to delay by say 5 sec or so...
timtay 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2003 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, can anyone help me out there...
I have an alarm (Magicar FAI 410) which has negative outputs for door lock/unlock. Also I have installed a 4 window closing module (also Magicar) triggered by the negative door lock output. Everything works just fine.
I now want the negative outputs for door lock/unlock to energise a coil of a relay. I have used two diodes to isolate each of the outputs to produce a common negative output (to pin 85, +12V to pin 86) to break the circuit to the siren to kill the 'chirp' when locking & unlocking doors. This seems to work OK, the alarm arms, lights flashed & NO 'chirp' from the siren - Great!, but now the doors don't lock or unlock...What's happened, I can't see why this set-up doesn't work?
Please help, any suggestions?
Tim Taylor
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic