93 Toyota Truck Keyless Entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toyota_boy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2002 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

This my first post here. I have a 93 toyota truck sr5 with a codealarm pro 3000 on it. I not do the install. It was put in before I got the truck. to make a long story short, one of the wires from the codealarm box has come disconnected. it is labelled door locks (polarity). This truck has factory electric locks. I cannot determine where this wire needs to reconnect. I really am not sure exactly how it hooks to the lock circuiit. when I ground the wire and hit the "disarm" button, the locks will unlock just fine.  It does not seem to do anything when i push the "arm" button. A voltmeter across that wire and ground  does not give any reading either. I would really appreciate any help you could offer.

Kind regards,

Kevin

sikoe 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2002 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

Try to look for another wire that has the negative polarity when you are arming it. Here are some wire info for your truck:

POWER LOCK             blue/white           ( - )   door control relay       |

POWER UNLOCK       blue / YELLOW          ( - )   door control relay       |

hope this helps.

Thank you
chrispcwiz 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2002 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  

hi,

ken ,make sure you found the right lock wire in the truck, this wire is a blue/white  loacted behind the drivers speaker in the door lock control module.

sounds like you have the wrong door lock wire for the car. you have it correct at the alarm, you grounded the polarity wire, this is fine, but locate the right lock wire and go from there!!

good luck

chris

toyota_boy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2002 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the replies. I figured it out. I had a bad ground to the alarm box. go figure.

Thanks again

Kevin

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic