96 Sebring Convertible

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
c2deez 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Most common are:
1. Factory fuel-shutoff. If your key is grey this may be the problem.
2. Correct Ignition wire(s) not energized during r\s sequence.
       --If you are using accessory wires to make up for ignition wires, the power will drop out during the crank cycle and the vehicle won't start.
Hope this helps.
Matrix733 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for replys, i will try switching the ignition wires tommorrow.
intensem1rider 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2003 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
i just had the same prob with a 1995 crysler cirrus. The ground came loose and it started, but turned off right after starting. I used a autostart, so it may be different but the symptoms are the same.   Check your ground with a test light to see if it is good enough, not all metal components are grounded.
If everything else is wired up good, then you may need to go for the injectors, , , use the uncommon wire on any injector. But good luck getting to them unless you have leprecan hands, if i can remember the injectors are under the manifold.
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  

intensem1rider wrote:
i just had the same prob with a 1995 crysler cirrus. The ground came loose and it started, but turned off right after starting. I used a autostart, so it may be different but the symptoms are the same.   Check your ground with a test light to see if it is good enough, not all metal components are grounded.
If everything else is wired up good, then you may need to go for the injectors, , , use the uncommon wire on any injector. But good luck getting to them unless you have leprecan hands, if i can remember the injectors are under the manifold.

please stop using test lights :X  i had a co worker fired for that before.  fried a computer.

k2thz 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
Check the documentation for your remote starter; some vehicles require the use of the accessory line as an additional ignition line. A lot of starters will have a configurable option to keep this line on during r/s...
DDR
Matrix733 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks fellows, i had the wrong ig1 wire, so it was getting no volts during cranking, switched it and it fired right up, thanks.
Matrix733 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
;

hello all, am trying to connect my defroster to aux 1 on my mannix remote start  to a 96 sebring convertible.

First i found the wire that goes hot (have 12v) after defroster button is pressed.  My defroster button does not stay pressed in, when i press it to activate defroster the light in the button comes on and the button comes back out but the wire that goes hot, constantly have 12v on it till the sytem is turned off.  Is that what is called momentary switch?

I can hook up my aux output to be - or + , in this case here is my current positive setup. This is according to my manual.

85 to aux 1 (-)

87 & 86 to 12v ( i took 12v directly from battery then fused each connection with 30 amp fuse).

30 to aux1 (+) or in my case to the defroster wire.

When i push the button to activate the aux 1 channel, the light on the defroster comes on for about 1 second then goes off because the volts drop off since aux1 is just a 0.8 second 500ma pulse which with this relay setup actually produces the 12 volts at pin 30.

Is there any way to set this so it will constantly produce the twelve volts i need and then i can turn it off after i get in the car.

After looking at the circuit board that the defroster switch is on, i notice that when i push the button in to turn defroster on, all it does is use two copper prongs (connected to nothing else) to jump these two points, can i solder two wires to this point and if someone can give me some relay diagram to jump these two points i can get this to work, thanks.

Ixj159 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2003 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

WOW! Never knew you could fry a computer by checking a GROUND with a test light!!! lol use test lights all day everyday, just know what to use them on!! checking grounds is 100% safe!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic