icon

Help with 4 window module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thym8scallmet 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

I am an somewhat experienced installer of remote start systems.  I am set to install a remote start system this week that will be no problem.  The problem I am having is the window modules.  The customer has purchased 2 sting pro 4 window modules that he wishes to have installed to roll his windows up and down, because that is what the sales person  told him that he needed.  Anyway,  The instructions and wiring diagram are a little confusing. 

I completely understand wiring into the window wires themselves, but I am getting a little confused about the activation of these modules. 

First question.  in a 96 chevy blazer,  are the windows negative or positive.  The modules I have installed before have not needed a distinction.

Second question.  He wants the windows to go up upon arming, but does not have enough accessory ports for this, so can I tie this into the orange starter kill wire to activate the roll up.

Third question.  His alarm has a wire labled horn out put pulsed.  Is this an accessory wire that I can wire the window module to.

Also the module has a blue wire that says that is goes to acc, being an accessory wire, but the 3 different activations for this module show that the blue wire must be connected and other activation wires must be connected as well, so I am not sure what all I have to connect to activate this module.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks.

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2003 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
"First question. in a 96 chevy blazer, are the windows negative or positive. The modules I have installed before have not needed a distinction."
> I guess their refering to the output required. Their rest at neg positive output (power TO the motors)
"Second question. He wants the windows to go up upon arming, but does not have enough accessory ports for this, so can I tie this into the orange starter kill wire to activate the roll up."
>Yes, thats the way it's normally done.
"Third question. His alarm has a wire labled horn out put pulsed. Is this an accessory wire that I can wire the window module to."
> No. This is for a horn.
What are the color of the wires and how are they exactly labeled in the instruction manual? Maybe we can figure it out from there.
thym8scallmet 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  

Ok here is how the canadate wires are labeled.

Orange starter kill.   Which I will use for up upon arming.

WHITE/ red aux 2 output.  which i will use for windows down

gray aux 1output. which is being used for the back hatch.

BROWN / white horn output (-) 500 ma   which if I understand cannot be used for an accessory.        

The Delta 5005 that I installed about a month ago, which I understand is the same model,  calls this brown white wire accessory 3/ horn, but I did not use it so I am not sure what is did. 

The window modules have basic connections for each wire up and down which is no prob.  The wiring for the activation of these modules is as follows.

it has 2 wires that have female quick connects on the end... One red one black.  there is a third wire with a male end to which one of these is supposed to plug in.

There is a      blue wire labled ACC     orange wire labled (+) override (+)unlock              BROWN / white wire labled (-) override (-) unlock            Pink/white labled  (+) trigger (+) lock           Yellow (-) trigger (-) lock               Yellow /white labeled TO starter Killer.

I want to wire the up to the starter kill wire.  The brief instructions show to do this that I have to wire the blue wire to ACC and the yellow wire to the alarm side of the starter killer and the yellow/white wire to the starter side of the starter killer.   This does not seem right.  Is the blue wire refering to the ignition accessory wire? 

I have another of the same module to do windows up and I cannot make sense of how to wire this at all.   Please Help.

Thanks

T

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic